Hotlink Clickable Coordinates in Chat

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Something that should be fairly easy, I think.

Make it so that we can easily put coordinates into the chat window, and to set coordinates for a nav point from the chat.

Have a chat shortcut (like say @coord) that will automatically put your current coordinates into the chat window. Then make it so that when valid coordinates appear in chat, they are clickable so that you automatically set a nav marker to the coordinates you clicked on.

Many, many times I've seen conversations that are basically people asking for a pickup or help with pirates, followed by 5 minutes of trying to get their coordinates out of them, then trying to remember said coordinates long enough to type them into the nav computer and hope neither one of you forgot a - or transposed any numbers so that you end up on the opposite side of the galaxy.

Maybe expand it a bit so that you can do things like @homebasecoord so that you can tell someone where your station is even when you're out mining without having to go dig into your own nav computer for the waypoint and hope you copy it out right.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Perhaps a format like @(x y z) could be used for coordinates other than your current ones.

Reactions: DrTarDIS

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I mean, the display module can already pull in your sector coordinates to display, so we know there is a call in place to retrieve that info on the fly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I really like this idea. Totally support but personally I would have the link open the clicked coords in map instead of setting a waypoint. I can see the benefit of both ways, though.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There should be a hotkey or button that auto-inserts the coordinates. If people have trouble with transposition and formatting, they are going to have trouble with putting the right prefix character in front of a correct keyword too.

There should probably be two (hotkeys or buttons): one for @currentcoordinate and one for @selectedcoordinate.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Edymnion , That is some great idea there. Eat some carbs to keep that brain thinking.