Game loads to 98% and then stops.

Reaction score
    I've tried everything from disabling my firewalls and antiviruses to re downloading the game, to no avail. All my drivers are up-to-date. I've also tried running as administrator.

EDIT: I managed to join a server, but then this happened.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    are you inside a structure?
    or is this partly see through for no reason?

somehow looks a bit like a texture/shader issue.
    May you disable shadows? Those can sometimes cause really dark areas when enabled.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I don't know I never had this kind of problem it must be your PC because in the latest build the game has 5x the cpu usage making low end pcs incapable of playing starmade I have a AMD eight core 4.4ghz procceser and it freezes for a few seconds at 98% and then it continues on and im logged on to the game so my only conclusion is its your PC not the game just wait until the CPU usage thing is fixed and try again but I don't think that will be for awhile thats really all I got.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Cpu usage x5?
    wow, cannot see that happen, any my computer is only capable of playing starmade without shadows or antialiasing enabled. (Without shadows, AA off and max drawn segments I have from 60-150fps, with both active around 25fps quite stable)

But that didnt change negatively over the last versions. There were some great improvements in decemeber update and Januar update.

- Andy

System:
    2.53ghz dual core, 4gig ram, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (battery mode) / Geforce GT 540M (with power cord)
    Far away from high-end :P

Reaction score
    Cpu usage x5?
    wow, cannot see that happen, any my computer is only capable of playing starmade without shadows or antialiasing enabled. (Without shadows, AA off and max drawn segments I have from 60-150fps, with both active around 25fps quite stable)

But that didnt change negatively over the last versions. There were some great improvements in decemeber update and Januar update.

- Andy

System:
    2.53ghz dual core, 4gig ram, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (battery mode) / Geforce GT 540M (with power cord)
    Far away from high-end :p
    I get around 250+ fps in the current build I used to get 1250+ when I said 5x the cpu usage I wasn't kidding lol also you don't need a high end PC to play the game just a high end PC for 2000+ meter long ships ;)

Reaction score
    are you inside a structure?
    or is this partly see through for no reason?

somehow looks a bit like a texture/shader issue.
    May you disable shadows? Those can sometimes cause really dark areas when enabled.

- Andy
    I was spawning in a structure, however when I got out of it, this bug persisted.

Reaction score
    I don't know I never had this kind of problem it must be your PC because in the latest build the game has 5x the cpu usage making low end pcs incapable of playing starmade I have a AMD eight core 4.4ghz procceser and it freezes for a few seconds at 98% and then it continues on and im logged on to the game so my only conclusion is its your PC not the game just wait until the CPU usage thing is fixed and try again but I don't think that will be for awhile thats really all I got.

My computer is a watercooled i5 3570k running at 4.5 ghz with a GTX 670 @ 1.3 ghz, so I don't think it's my PC.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    My computer is a watercooled i5 3570k running at 4.5 ghz with a GTX 670 @ 1.3 ghz, so I don't think it's my PC.
    Okay, should not be some overload on videoram or else.
    GTX 670 should not have any trouble with DirectX or GL-support either.

To understand it better:
    Is the black plane attached to the structure/ship, hud, or world?
    Or just to make sure, when moving your camera:
    Is it a fully black 3d object?
    Or maybe some weird lines attached between some real ingame structure and some virtual points outside of the screen?
    Or for example like a sprite, static black screen overlay?

Your Computer should not have a problem to record a gif while moving the camera? Maybe this would be the easiest way to show.

- Andy

Reaction score
    then I don't know. my old Hp laptop can load the game and its 5x less powerful than yours BTW my HP laptop is now dead thanks to this game XD

Reaction score
    Okay, should not be some overload on videoram or else.
    GTX 670 should not have any trouble with DirectX or GL-support either.

To understand it better:
    Is the black plane attached to the structure/ship, hud, or world?
    Or just to make sure, when moving your camera:
    Is it a fully black 3d object?
    Or maybe some weird lines attached between some real ingame structure and some virtual points outside of the screen?
    Or for example like a sprite, static black screen overlay?

Your Computer should not have a problem to record a gif while moving the camera? Maybe this would be the easiest way to show.

- Andy
    its the CPU its not designed for GIF recording it just doesn't work.

Reaction score
    ok I figured out the problem you need to give the game more graphics memory that black blip on your screen is the result in to little graphics memory.

Reaction score
    ok I figured out the problem you need to give the game more graphics memory that black blip on your screen is the result in to little graphics memory.
    Its already got 512mb

What voxel game needs more than that?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Its already got 512mb

When using high-resolution textures, high resolution shadows, it WILL use a big amount of videoram.
    There is no practical limit in video-memory used, just increase quality.

- Andy

Reaction score
    When using high-resolution textures, high resolution shadows, it WILL use a big amount of videoram.
    There is no practical limit in video-memory used, just increase quality.

- Andy
    I'll see what I can do. Sorry about not creating a GIF, my internet has been to bad to even connect to a server.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Oh, mixed the posts up in my head, it is not solved, sorry.

No idea what to do then, maybe disable some complex options, like AA or shadows, it may help, but its just a guess.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Its already got 512mb

for what I have noticed 1.5-2gigs is always required for all games when it comes to graphics memory you might not need a higher res of graphics but you still need just as much graphics memory because graphics memory and the res of the game is completely different you need more graphics memory for more pixels are in use than the res of the pixel is outputting.