Forum Badge Update

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Greetings fellow citizens,

As you may have noticed we've recently done a rollout of new art for our forum badges. Not only that we've also added some new ones in to better acknowledge achievements by citizens.

There are three different types of badges here on SMD:

• Badges issued automatically. These include things like hitting like or rating milestones or for how long you've been a part of our community here on SMD forums.
    • Badges issued by the Council of Intergalactic Representatives. As representatives of the community, council members can nominate and vote on citizens they think are deserving of a particular badge. If the majority of the council votes for that citizen then the badge is awarded.
    • Badges issued by Schine or SMD. These badges are things like the Councillor badges, Foreign Community badge or Tester badge where Schine or SMD acknowledge a particular individual for their contribution to the game or the community.
    There was some requests for some new badges with rails and logic becoming more predominant so we've added those in as well. As more and more new features are added to the game where players can excel you can expect more badges to come to help acknowledge the effort players invest into particular aspects of not only StarMade, but the community as well.

Here's a list of all the current badges for those who are interested.

Enjoy!

~ Bench

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The legacy badges.
    Amount of time an account have had on this site? or in total from back when they joined the old site?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The legacy badges.
    Amount of time an account have had on this site? or in total from back when they joined the old site?
    Due to the way the stats work it's only from this site unfortunately.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The legacy badges.
    They will only measure the account from SMD, since it's different from the game account.
    I think it would be cool if we could take up the time from the old site on "Legacy" badges as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Maybe, can check the date when some people buy the game too, but this is too much work already.

the Legacy Citizen +1 should be rolling out soon

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Very nice, and a huge selection at that. Would it be possible to enable displaying multiple badges at the same time? The badge's title isn't very needed, imo, and could leave some space for two additional badges (by squeezing a bit).

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't like the "likable" badges, since likes and agrees are often used interchangeably. How about badges for friendly ratings instead?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't like the "likable" badges, since likes and agrees are often used interchangeably. How about badges for friendly ratings instead?
    There is a badge for just collecting positive ratings (the only ratings we have). I honestly don't get why "Likes" are so special, especially since they are the easiest to get via shipyards. Then again, I also consider rails part of logic, so seeing rails and logic having separate badges is also confusing.

Reaction score
    Love the inclusion of "served full term" badges. One that Tomino will never get. lol.

Reaction score
    Could you please add a "keep me logged in"checkbox.

I'm always logged out when i visit.
    Thanks