Food cooking

Reaction score
    I think that you should be able to put on ships or stations or anything a stove block with which you can combine any two different blocks (Be it cannon computers or lava) into a hopefully "edible" item.
    Every object would have multiple variables like: Stamina Boost, Or poison, or things like that. the food items would be procedurally generated from an algorithm combining those variables and you could either make something that would give you a speed boost in astronaut mode to a poison that can kill.

Players wouldnt be able to see the variable stats of a object without running it through a very expensive "Analysis unit" which would be part of a whole set of planetborne science instruments that would make exploring more fun.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I think that you should be able to put on ships or stations or anything a stove block with which you can combine any two different blocks (Be it cannon computers or lava) into a hopefully "edible" item.
    I think you should wait till the Fauna and Flora Systems are in place. I don't know about you, but I am not eating a perfectly good cannon computer and considering lava will hurt you if you touch it, I don't think you should beadle to eat it. At lest not as a human avatar maybe if we get alien avatars but that's another topic.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am fine with a food system, but this seems a bit silly, and having it give your character buffs is pointless.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'll be happy with feeding fauna into a grinder for protein paste.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I would appreciate it if the game wouldn't expect me to eat lava, cannons, computers and other such things. Sure, it may seem amusing to some and it may even be for the first minute one will do it - the rest of the game and everyone else? It may seem much more like something that was meant to be survivalistic hunger mechanic but got half-baked and shoved in.

Also, in regards to food in general - I'd really appreciate if the game would have much more of survival and shipless-oriented gameplay, but like I've argued in later posts of a certain thread before, food would require some consideration and work as I wouldn't want neither simply a bothersome thing I have to click from time to time or die, some simple resource that I can hoard en masse and just stuff myself with whenever, a thing demanding so much that most of the game will be spent staving off starvation nor some magical buff that somehow makes my cannons shoot better or my engines/jetpack to go faster because I've ate it.

I'd want just food so my character won't be hungry, with any side-effects being confined mostly to audio-visual (because, man, hallucinogenic shrooms may make a mean stew but you should go careful with those and surely not mix them with that booze you've made/bought earlier), though I guess I could accept mostly aesthetic and symbolic health regen buff/debuff or stuff like decreased movement coordination (with 'flowing' view) when intoxicated.

Last edited: