Credits as an inventory item

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Credits are like an invisible counter and are displayed in the ui in the most discreet way possible. They cannot be transferred or stored easily. Some servers have banks and their own limited currency systems, but that's it.

Why not make credits an inventory item? You would not be able to place them, and they would have no volume. You could store them in a storage on your ship or your station. You could drop them in space just like you drop other items, or easily transfer credits via a public storage module.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You could also lose them when you die, if they happened to be in your inventory.

Reactions: MacThule

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I would certainly like either this or an option to pay with other existing (in-game) items of worth (E.g. Ingot blocks).

Reactions: MacThule

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    You could also lose them when you die, if they happened to be in your inventory.
    You lose some when you die anyways. A bit of code can be added which filters them, shouldn't take too much processing power. Also not all servers have the drop items on death setting enabled.

You would not be able to place them
    Although I kind of do want to use credits as a block in case I ever get very rich borrowing npc ships

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You lose some when you die anyways. A bit of code can be added which filters them, shouldn't take too much processing power. Also not all servers have the drop items on death setting enabled.

Although I kind of do want to use credits as a block in case I ever get very rich borrowing npc ships
    Yes, losing some is fine. Losing them all isn't. Though I suppose as long as there is some sort of server setting for it, then the server admins can decide.

I would certainly like either this or an option to pay with other existing (in-game) items of worth (E.g. Ingot blocks).
    I like the ingot idea.

Reaction score
    I would like credits as item.

If you want to have something simmilar right now just use fertikeen caps or shield blocks.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I wouldnt mind if credits existed both abstractly in your bank account, where theyre safe from being stolen when you die, and as a physical item, like an ingot, or capsule. Why i should ever want to routinely withdraw credits to physical cash when its safer in my bank i couldnt say.

Maybe if in the depths of lawless space the evil capitalist pigs that run the traders guild charge a 5% transaction fee (plus 100 credits per credit overdrawn if you overdraw your account) when doing transactions from your account but only a measly 4.5% withdrawal fee to withdraw as physical credits. Or maybe they charge 1%+1000c per week for credits stored in your bank account.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Credits can already be dropped into space by clicking the little hand icon beside the credit counter. Of course this is a rather crude means of trading value for an intergalactic civilization. The simplest solution I can think of is to add another icon beside the hand (perhaps a paper airplane icon), that opens a "Transfer Credits" dialog.

Credits as a personal item seems like an OK idea, but I think it should still take up a small, fixed amount of inventory space, regardless of how many credits are in it. Think of it like a small, physical "cred-stick" that you load with credits for those times when you need to make anonymous payments. The above mentioned Transfer Credits dialog could have a "Transfer to Cred-stick" button, which, upon pressing, automatically creates the cred-stick using the Astronaut suit's built-in basic crafter. Since cred-sticks are so tiny, resource usage is negligent.

Reactions: Skwidz

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would like a physical credit item also. I think it opens up so much more to the game than the current credit system.
    Although, the difficulty with having phyiscal credits is the value of the physical credit.
    Could be more trouble than it's worth. No pun intended.

If we did have a physical currency, it could be simple like the gold and silver bars the Light vs Dark server uses. This has worked really well there. Where you can convert bars for credits and back using their banking system. I like this approach.

Reaction score
    A simple chip item that saves the wanted credit number and can be dropped or stored, without any weight, would be better.

Sidenote:
    Why is everyone so fucused on the idea that stored credits should have a weight? :D I mean it would make sense to give them weight from a gameplay perspective, IFwithdrawing this credits or storing them on the player wouldn't be possible anymore at all, or if any transaction in the players account would need the usage of a traders hub (station).

But we don't have that right now and as it stays I don't think that the dev has any incentives towards the deepening of the trading mechanics.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Arcaner

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think that credits as an inventory item would open up a tonne of possibilities. Like vending machines and stuff like that. I don't care if it's a cred stick or whatever ( although that would be kinda cool)