Commander Shepard (FemShep)

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Commander Shepard is the protagonist of the Mass Effect Series (Games 1-3). The Mass Effect games are some of my favorite despite the ending of the third game. Knowing this community is interested in Sci fi, I figured I would make a Commander Shepard skin(s) to share my love of the series! So whether you want to play Paragon or Renegade you can play it in style at Commander Shepard.

Download the 4 files you need here for (Female) Shepard
    Skin texture:http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemShepSkin.png
    Skin Emission:http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemShepSkin_em.png
    Helm Texture:http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemshepHelm.png
    Helm Emission: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemShepHelm_em.png

You can also find the .zip download for this skin on the Community Content page under "skins"

-Step by step for beginners -
    1. Click on the StarMade launcher, and then "Start Game", the Connection Setup launcher will appear.
    2. Find "Modding" on the menu bar on the top of the Connection Setup window, click that and a drop down menu will appear. Click "Create Custom Skin".
    3. A new window will pop up with four blanks for each of the four skin files. Browse your files and enter in the correct file for each blank space as labeled. (I have provided the files above in the correct order) Click "Ok" and now play the game as normal. The server (single/multiplayer) will apply your skin to your character as you enter the game.

Now you can play as Commander Shepard!

Sidenote: While the emission textures are esentially the same for both male and female versions, I labeled them differently - each with similar labels to the versions they go with- to hopefully make things less confusing. All skin emissions files (files that make the skin glow) have "_em" near the end of the name. Hope it helps!

Also, a thank-you to LunaMoonbringer for motivating me to work on this sooner!!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Excellent work! What would I have to give to get a Darth Vader?
    First you must give into your anger, and embrace the dark side, and bring cookies... There are many skins I want to make, just give me time and I'll keep suggestions in mind. ^_^

Reaction score
    I've already done that :D. Thanks for the consideration, I understand things take a while and people have lives outside the game.

Reaction score
    Commander Shepard is the protagonist of the Mass Effect Series (Games 1-3). The Mass Effect games are some of my favorite despite the ending of the third game. Knowing this community is interested in Sci fi, I figured I would make a Commander Shepard skin(s) to share my love of the series! So whether you want to play Paragon or Renegade you can play it in style at Commander Shepard.

Download the 4 files you need here for (Female) Shepard
    Skin texture:http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemShepSkin.png
    Skin Emission:http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemShepSkin_em.png
    Helm Texture:http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemshepHelm.png
    Helm Emission: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/FemShepHelm_em.png

You can also find the .zip download for this skin on the Community Content page under "skins"

-Step by step for beginners -
    1. Click on the StarMade launcher, and then "Start Game", the Connection Setup launcher will appear.
    2. Find "Modding" on the menu bar on the top of the Connection Setup window, click that and a drop down menu will appear. Click "Create Custom Skin".
    3. A new window will pop up with four blanks for each of the four skin files. Browse your files and enter in the correct file for each blank space as labeled. (I have provided the files above in the correct order) Click "Ok" and now play the game as normal. The server (single/multiplayer) will apply your skin to your character as you enter the game.

Now you can play as Commander Shepard!

Sidenote: While the emission textures are esentially the same for both male and female versions, I labeled them differently - each with similar labels to the versions they go with- to hopefully make things less confusing. All skin emissions files (files that make the skin glow) have "_em" near the end of the name. Hope it helps!

Also, a thank-you to LunaMoonbringer for motivating me to work on this sooner!!
    Omg fantastic work!

Time to make Avaire dress up as a girl again so I can run around with shepherd! >:u

(I might just use the skin too. I really do like it...)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Omg fantastic work!

Time to make Avaire dress up as a girl again so I can run around with shepherd! >:u

(I might just use the skin too. I really do like it...)
    Thanks, glad you like it! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've been meaning to say this sooner, but this is the only skin I'm using right now. I really enjoy is sleek implied curves.

I would like to see a more generic female skin, but I'm sadly lacking in artistic talent. if you have time perhaps you mite be able to remedy that, but till then I thankfully enjoy this for now.

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I've been meaning to say this sooner, but this is the only skin I'm using right now. I really enjoy is sleek implied curves.

I would like to see a more generic female skin, but I'm sadly lacking in artistic talent. if you have time perhaps you mite be able to remedy that, but till then I thankfully enjoy this for now.
    Do you mean a female version of the Dave model or something else? I'm sure there will be more female skin options in the future, I can guarantee it in fact. It's difficult to make it look acceptable on the male model, but it can be done. I hope in the future they will consider a female model to be available. (Of course, if that ever does happen, I will update this skin to use it)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Do you mean a female version of the Dave model or something else? I'm sure there will be more female skin options in the future, I can guarantee it in fact. It's difficult to make it look acceptable on the male model, but it can be done. I hope in the future they will consider a female model to be available. (Of course, if that ever does happen, I will update this skin to use it)
    yes i did mean a female version of Dave, I've heard from calbiri that schema isn't doing a gender specific player skin. he says its unnecessary work for something so few will ever see. so basically its going to be mine craft's implied male and females forever I'm afraid.

Reaction score
    Awesome skin ^_^

I think a female model would be a good addition but the default one already does a fantastic job by itself :)

Wanna see moar skins :eek:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    yes i did mean a female version of Dave, I've heard from calbiri that schema isn't doing a gender specific player skin. he says its unnecessary work for something so few will ever see. so basically its going to be mine craft's implied male and females forever I'm afraid.
    I had tried a female version previously, my first idea for a female skin was just doing a really simple female version of Dave, but at the time, I couldn't get the chest to look not-silly. I may have worked with the proportions enough now to try again, I'll certainly put it on my to-do list. ;)

Reactions: Azurite