Carrier launch catapult

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So I've set up a basic launch catapult on my carrier that can send my basic fighter well beyond the flight deck with minimal effort, but unless I hold down the throttle it spins wildly out of control. I've got a single push beam right behind center of mass, would adding more push beams on either side fix the spin?

Also, would like it if I could set up some logic to me the next fighter in the bay up to the catapult after the first ship launches. Got some rails set up to snake the fighters through the bay and up to the flight deck. Just having issues with starting and stopping them in the queue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What your fighting with the spin is an issue I had for a long time with one of my drones. It SHOULD have been working fine. I had multiple push beams, placed at the right locations, yet it would spin really crazy every launch. Eventualy I changed where it docked from and found that any time I shot the push beams at the back, it failed. Every time I hit it from the top/bottom it would work perfectly. I ended up just changing the side of the drone that docked to the ship. With a fighter that you plan to pilot though, or just want to fly forward for looks, I am not sure how you can fix the issue.

REALLY wish they would put in a "launch" rail like I read somewhere they were going to add.

For your launching the next fighter issue. Check out page 54 of "The ultimate drone R&D Thread" Link: http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-ultimate-drone-r-d-thread.3246/page-54

I think loadout's slide lock launch system would be something that you would want to use. I would check out his posts on it, then ask on anything specific you need to know to get it done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you want to minimize spin, use a single powerful cannon round, since it has less "ticks" than a beam.

As for the rails bit flip-flops work well for telling if a section of rails is ready for another entity to pass.