Capital ship effect.

Reaction score
    OK so to get some context I'm thinking of this after Hull update, ship yard update, Hyper-drive update, and thruster update.

So from some of the form threads I read there is talks with the hyper-drive to have some speed debuff to incurage its usage on only large ships.

I also seen this type of thing for factory on ships.

So what I'm suggesting is that if a ship has a shipyard block, Hyper drives, or maybe death star core, then they get a capital ship effect.

This effect would change how the scaling of different systems work on the ship.

For example all capital ships would be limited to lets say 20% server speed limit.

Now not all is bad as the effect would also increase the shield capacity per block of shield capacitors and you would have 100% recharge in combat with maybe less power usage.
    Before you say its op shields would no longer protect agents 100% damage. There would be a bleed through on shields. The bleed would be based on % of block effected so don't think that your ship will die with shields up because it wont.

Weapons of non capital ships are more likely to do bleed and missiles even more. Armor would decrease bleed.

There would also be some type of auto repair which would be really slow. It would work faster on Advance hull then it dose with systems. But if blocks are destroyed out right then it is much slower. Lets say a nuke dose full damage when your shields are down then expect to wait a few hours for auto repair to fix everything. shipyards would be a faster approach.

By the way when I'm talking about ship yards on ship I am thinking home world so look the game up to what I am talking about.

If you guys have any suggestions on how to improve a capital ship effect or how to implement it then I'm all for hearing. I may not have listed all details about bleed or other effects but I want people to come up with how to make them work.

The systems I mention would also have there own effects that no respectable capital ship would go without.

Reaction score
    I know its kinda a suggestion but my bit is that I want to know opinions on what should be a balancing factor for a set effect. So far when I find this idea it tends to be across many forms so I want people to put what they think here. I herd examples to do ship class scale off mass which I think would still be needed to some extent even with my idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Not sure making a ship a capital ship with different inherent attributes than other ships solely based on the mass exceeding a particular limit is a good idea. Perhaps, however, it could be designated from a module block that "permits certain advanced modules that normally only function on stations or planets to be placed and used on a starship."
    What I'm thinking the basic effect of this is would be adding plex undeathinators and factory modules to ships. Warp gates might be fun, but they'd also become a cheap way to dump an entire fleet on a given location. Not sure if that module should affect other systems much; you're then dipping into game balance as wellm

Admittedly, those modules could be the possessor of a prerequisite mass. Or, better yet, the ships turning rate needs to be below a certain threshold otherwise factory modules/undeathinators can't function. (If its flopping about too fast the module will be destroyed/fail to work) You could then use an artificial turning rate inhibitor module if your ship still turns too quickly.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I know its kinda a suggestion but my bit is that I want to know opinions on what should be a balancing factor for a set effect. So far when I find this idea it tends to be across many forms so I want people to put what they think here. I herd examples to do ship class scale off mass which I think would still be needed to some extent even with my idea.

Your "Idea" is already suggested&planned I.E different types of shipcores.