Ask Jake

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I'm following the trend of the previous two Councils and opening up a Q+A thread, where people can ask me my stance on issues, how I will represent you, and other Council-related business.

My policies, in order of importance to me:

1. PvP. It needs to be fixed. Right now it's a mess, and only tightly organised PvP happens any more. I will lobby for that to change for the better.
    2. Optimization. Right now, StarMade is a laggy mess for most of us (including me). This is mainly down to poor game optimization, and this must be fixed for the game to remain playable in the future.
    3. Faction interaction. Factions rarely interact in survival servers, often sitting at the home base and building up ever increasing resource stockpiles. I will lobby for new mechanics and items that promote and encourage faction interaction, and discourage lone-wolves and those who settle ridiculously far away from others.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I'd like to point out that normally those threads were posted after applications were released to the public. Nothing necessarily wrong with this, it just assumes that schinepals will approve your application (which is a little bit presumptive)

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'd like to point out that normally those threads were posted after applications were released to the public. Nothing necessarily wrong with this, it just assumes that schinepals will approve your application (which is a little bit presumptive)
    Whoops. I wasn't paying much attention to the timing of the thread creations. I was just assuming the candidates did it immediately after applying. Guess I'll have to wait then. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I mean I can't think of any reason that your application would be denied if you took it seriously. It's usually just safer to wait until your application has been released to the public because then any questions people have that aren't answered by your application can be answered here.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    copypasta
    I believe PvP to be an integral part of StarMade, however it needs an overhaul to several systems to be truly accessible. The crafting and shipyard systems need to be streamlined to enable quicker building of ships so that people are able to PvP without worrying about loss of their ship (which is what drives most people away from PvP in this game.) Also, shipyards NEED TO WORK. The HP/armour system was a good addition that made battles last a lot longer, and is massively preferable to the old core-drilling. It too needs a rework, specifically the ratio of mass to blocks that need to be destroyed to trigger an overheat, as this still leaves large ships with too much of an advantage vs. smaller ships at present.

As a die-hard PvPer from the start, I vow to improve the PvP experience if I am elected.

[DOUBLEPOST=1463325485,1463322715][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated OP with my stance on three key issues

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Why are you so ew and why do we always blame you for NFD errors and mistakes?

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Will you forward suggestions to the devs independent of who the author is?