Are devs thinking about StarMade supporting Overwolf?

Reaction score
    So,

I am new here on StarMade Dock, but hey.

I think that StarMade could be enhanced with Overwolf overlay, so we can capture photos and record videos of our games so we can post StarMade Stories or gameplay videos.

For people not knowing about Overwolf:
    Overwolf is an epic overlay which enhances games with many apps such as screen record, capture, talk with Steam users, Facebook, Raptr and many other social networks and use apps to help with a particular game. The overlay can be downloaded at: www.overwolf.com

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I don't know how far this is possible considering the game is still in alpha, and according to how their website works, it seems they have the burden of getting overwolf to support the game.

Reaction score
    Not to forget cross platform support. From what I can see it's Windows only.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    They'd likely try supporting a multi-platform version of this more than the single platform version so this one is likely out of the picture.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We also have several of those features already in game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personaly don't like Overwolf :/
    Adding some easy capture options might be nice thou, I use camatasia recorder

Reaction score
    I like Overwolf because I can record videos without limits, with great quality and I can talk to other peeps on IRC. 2 cool 4 me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, this seems only interesting for people who don't have a quite recent Nvidia graphics card. Most things mentioned, like chat and taking screenshots, are already available inside the game. For video capture Nvidia users can use Shadowplay what works very well with StarMade.
    If I'm not mistaken you can even set Shadowplay up to stream via your twitch account if you would like to do that. ;)

Greets,

jan

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Advertisement?
    Seriously, I'm getting a major "I'm a 37 year old advertising agent that has been hired to promote this product. I have detailed knowledge of what is 'cool' and 'jiggy' with the target market audience." kind of vibe here.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It it ain't cross-platform, it's crap. :p This is not cross-platform.

Reactions: Drakkart
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Why do you agree with him since I'm not advertising. I am thinking of the game being able to support Overwolf for better gameplay.
    ha, no
    overwolf has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay

There's a thing called "Shadowplay" that is vastly more convenient than overwolf's recording. Record the last 20 minutes of gameplay with a press of a button? Hell yes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So,

I am new here on StarMade Dock, but hey.

I think that StarMade could be enhanced with Overwolf overlay, so we can capture photos and record videos of our games so we can post StarMade Stories or gameplay videos.

For people not knowing about Overwolf:
    Overwolf is an epic overlay which enhances games with many apps such as screen record, capture, talk with Steam users, Facebook, Raptr and many other social networks and use apps to help with a particular game. The overlay can be downloaded at: www.overwolf.com
    Usually it is over wolf that works to support the game not the other way around. It isn't like Mine Craft building in twitch streaming.
    Also it isn't cross platform.

As for those professing Shadow play. Some people prefer ATI/AMD.
    Being hardware dependent is just as bad or worse than not being cross platform.

Reaction score
    *facepalm*

What if people don't have Shadowplay? What are you gonna do?
    Also, I am NOT advertising and I am NOT a spambot.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just a general reaction?

I already hate this Overwolf thing. The game already has suitable screenshot capabilities, there are better dedicated recording programs out there, and good freaking god *NO* I don't want to chat with steam users or share crap to social media.

This thing just reeks of some low effort cash-in project. "Hey you doing all the work for your game, do more work for my stuff so that I can make money off of you!"

At least that is the first impression I as a neutral third party get from it.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Is just sitting over in a corner with Bandicam Trial because lazy and cheap...

Reaction score
    Looks like this thread is derailed into Shadowplay software. :P
    Because my graphic card is Nvidia GeForce 820M I am gonna seek for this software.
    I personally like Overwolf :mad:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, you shouldn't have to look far. It could very well be your Geforce 820M card came with the program Geforce Experience, Shadowplay is a part of that. ;)

Edymnion : To each his own, there's more free software to record videos, but OBS is multi platform and afaik can be used to record mp4 video files as well if one wants to stream or not.

Greets,

Jan

Last edited: