Allow Fleets to Reveal Fog of War by traveling through a System

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The title says it all. I think this would be good because it would add an element of gameplay of delegating exploration tasks out to fleets, thus making them a more integral part of gameplay. A player could still pilot a ship to reveal sectors faster.

As always, constructive thoughts are welcome here. :)

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    The title says it all. I think this would be good because it would add an element of gameplay of delegating exploration tasks out to fleets, thus making them a more integral part of gameplay. A player could still pilot a ship to reveal sectors faster.

As long as they have sensors, I'm down with this. Although I feel like there is opportunity for communications and stealth play here.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I was under the impression this was already possible, though had not yet tried it. As such, it should be made possible!

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score

Most definitely should be in the game. Would allow for exploration of many systems and perhaps even some exploration companies selling said data ^^.

Reactions: Theats

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Criss's response was about sharing map data, not using AI fleets to lift fog of war. I tested using fleets to reveal systems and it did not work. I don't make suggestion threads without first testing to see if it's already implemented in game.

Last edited: