Implemented Adjacnet logic for rail dockers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Simple: Have the rail dockers activate adjacent activation modules and buttons.
    Useful for airlocks and drones.
    Also allow us to undock the rail dockers by sending a high signal.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I believe they do already recieve high pulses from being docked, not 100% sure though. Being able to undock from the daughter ship would be nice though.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Both of these are implemented as far as I'm aware, can't remember if in the current release or current dev build but it's in there.

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Indeed both are in-game as long as I remember the Rails themselves. You should've performed tests, or at least watched the video tutorials by Bench, which provided the necessary information on official release.

Activators and Buttons adjacent to the rail both recieve the signal when entity is docked or finishes the rotation phase in case of rotator rails. IIRC, Button is triggered once, while Activators are triggered on until the entity is undocked.

Linking either Buttons or Activators to the rail block, without any other rails adjacet to them, will decouple the entity from that rail block on activation. If adjacent rail is present near said Button or Activator, it will change all linked rails to the adjacent rail, both by type and direction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow I just realized this thread was completely pointless as I had already observed adjacent logic working for the rail dockers back when the rails wouldn't trigger adjacent logic. Wooops.................................................

Reaction score
    The logic should be changed to emit a high signal when something is docked and a low when not ;) This way we can make our own logic determine when things are docked. Currently it dispatches a momentary signal (high, then low) I proposed that the rail emit a high signal when something is on it and low when not. Rotators are another issue, and I don't know how to let them signal when a rotation occurs... maybe a momentary low signal on each step.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    You can use both activation modules and buttons next to rail blocks to get logic feedback

- when the rail block is empty both will be off
    - when a docker travels onto the block, or is docked to the block, the button triggers a momentary high then returns to low, the activation module goes high and stays high
    - while the rail continues to be occupied the activation module remains high
    - when the docker is undocked or moved into the next rail segment the activation module goes off

We feel this gives adequate feedback through all interactions with logic and rails

For rotators:
    - the button is triggered once at the conclusion of each rotating action, so if its 45-degree movements it triggers at the completion of the 45-degree movement.