A suggestion of pipe-based fauna.

What is your opinion of the proposed direction of the game?

• Total voters

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    With the addition of one of the most important systems in the game - proper 3D models came the single most important game changing feature - pipe blocks. Naturally, with the addition of such an incredible item able to open up gameplay features often unheard of yet in the history of gaming, comes the need to expand upon the idea. I have no doubts that with such a game changer in the gaming industry (pun not intended) the possibilities are, perhaps, limitless, I'm here to introduce you with just one way to improve upon the concept of cylindrical, hollow, long, metal fun.

Pipes. An incredible achievement in the gaming industry, the pinnacle of, I assume, many years of R&D in Schine. However, I see one way it could be improved.

What if...

There were many types of pipes?

Now... I know what you might be thinking... Mariux, you silly, there is no way you could improve pipes!

To which I would answer... Hear me out.

Currently we have only one type of pipe. Basic, metallic, but plenty of fun. Now, imagine if there were water-based pipes. Or, even electric-type pipes. Imagine a world where your creativity is not confined to just one type of pipe. Say, there are, like, EIGHTEEN. And, all of them would present different new challenges to the game.

Now, you may be thinking... This guy is a genius, let's have him the president of the United States!

But, I've yet to cover the most exciting part.

Pipe battles.

What I suggest is that pipes would no longer be stationary items. Pipes should be able to walk, breathe and, of course, fight. Certain types of pipe would be stronger against other specific types, for example, fire pipes would be weak to water pipes but strong against grass pipes. It should also be possible to train your pipes to increase its strength so that it will be tougher in battles.

Of course, just producing/buying and then placing pipes is no fun. The way I suggest fixing this issue is to instead make pipes capture-able in the wild. You would find various pipes on various planets (fairly sure planets exist as part of the minor "space" segment of the game, for those who don't already know).

Concept art of an electric-type pipe:

While I believe Starmade (Or, Pipemade, which in my opinion better reflects the vision of the game) is primarily a multiplayer game, I do not think that single-player made should be left out. Along with regular NPCs that might fight you in a pipe battle there would be gyms scattered across the world of Starmade that present an increased challenege for more advanced players. The gyms will always be based on a specific pipe-type, so exploiting that type's weaknesses is a huge advantage. With enough experience and strong pipes players would be able to seek out and capture dragon-type pipes or even powerful legendary pipes.

As you can see, with the expansion of pipe-based mechanics Starmade might not only become one of the best games of the year, but game of the decade as well. Who knows, pipes may be known as the next Mario among future generations.

Thank you for reading.

If you believe that this thread is not serious enough for a suggestion section, feel free to move it elsewhere

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I support, but only if you bring back TGT.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Very definition of pipe dream here.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    put down the yhole pipe and come out with your pants up!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pipeworms, truly alien!

I cannot see a reason why aliens shouldn't look like pipes, so let's support this.
    Just imagine plant/mammal hybrids which are plants that eat and dump earth and walk during day.

Sun, music, peace, flowers! NOW IN PIPE SHAPE!!!

OR

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Pipeworms, truly alien!

I cannot see a reason why aliens shouldn't look like pipes, so let's support this.
    Just imagine plant/mammal hybrids which are plants that eat and dump earth and walk during day.

Sun, music, peace, flowers! NOW IN PIPE SHAPE!!!

OR
    As I said, there is no reason NOT TO put more pipes into the game.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    And here I was, thinking this would be a suggestion for aliens that can climb into a pipe and jump out another. Turns out I instead got my chuckle-of-the-day! :D

Reactions: Mariux