Zimmerman textures

Should I continue with this hull pack?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Introduction:
    I have recently decided to try my hand at creating some textures. I am currently working on replacing the realistic hull textures, though I may make a few others in a mod. My current packs are designed to make ships look more rugged and realistic, as if they weren't in a voxel game but instead a game with pre-created ships. All my packs will be 64 textures and will replace parts of the Realistic texture pack.
    Scalar Hull Pack: Contains the Plated heavy hull, Scale normal hull, and customized plex doors and plex lifters.
    Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/zimmerman-scale-texture.508/

- Added some more colors which are much darker than the original textures but they look nice for this style. I also fixed the black so that it flows and isn't blotchy from far away.

- Thanks to Itmauve's suggestion, I lightened the details on the white hull and I like the effect even though it wasn't a huge change.

- New plex doors and lifts! I will likely darken them with one of my over lays but I love how they turned out.

- Plex doors have been darkened and now fit into my theme better.

- Added brown hulls but did not dramatically alter their color.

-All normal hull blocks are now in the texture so I will start posting download links!

-Currently messing around with the blue since I feel that it is too dark. I have already lightened it a little but I may need to mess with the actual color to make it have the right look.

-Darkened the black hull since it appeared a little to light in game, especially since I am going for a darker feel.

-Added a color pallet and used it as hardened hull. Very surprised at the outcome of such a simple hull but I may keep it. Still planning on creating a straighter hull design though that may be a different pack, who knows.

-I have started messing with the config so I have been able to create the first prototype of a force shield. These changes will turn this into a mod so I am not planning on releasing it till I am finished.

-Created design for new hardened hull (basic colors will be used in a different pack). Also made new plex doors and I am finally happy about their end results.

-All Hardened Hull has been replaced and download has been updated.
    Note: Download doesnt include forcefield as that also requires a change in the config. (mod will be released once all decoration blocks are redesigned)

-Changed plex lifter to better fit the plex doors in this pack. Keep your eyes open for the old ones in my next pack.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The cracks seem a tad intense. Aside from that it seems fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The lines are very prominant/high contrast/attention-stealing, at least on the white. The gray (or is that black) fares better.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The vertical lines of hull makes it too blocky in my opinion.

But it would fit well as a horizontal line for stone-buildings.

Please either make irregular shapes of partially intersecting rectangles or also the vertical line look more random for hardened :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The vertical lines of hull makes it too blocky in my opinion.

But it would fit well as a horizontal line for stone-buildings.

Please either make irregular shapes of partially intersecting rectangles or also the vertical line look more random for hardened :)
    I do not see how it looks blocky, and I am actually planning on making hardened hull have less random lines.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I really like it. More picture of ships with this texture on your main thread would be good however. It's kinda hard to quite see how it comes together currently.

Now just hurry up and do some more so I can comment on it properly ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I really like it. More picture of ships with this texture on your main thread would be good however. It's kinda hard to quite see how it comes together currently.

Now just hurry up and do some more so I can comment on it properly ;)
    Great idea, Ill add some player ships now. And I would create the Hardened hull this weekend but I am so busy with large projects and studying for tests. Hopefully Ill be able to find some time though!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Much easier to get an overall feel for it. That brown and black ship looks especially good with these textures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Much easier to get an overall feel for it. That brown and black ship looks especially good with these textures.
    Thanks. And yea the black texture really turned out nice since I used a special overlay that I created. I haven't been able to get the correct colors for all of the other blocks yet.

Last edited:
    Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Created a force field block, wont be in download due to the fact the changes to the config need to be made.