1. 20/01/18: The forums are currently undergoing maintenance, during this time, the site may become unavailable.

You've REALLY Messed Up.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jake_Lancia, Dec 4, 2017.

1. RedAlert_007

RedAlert_007 Formerly known as AltAlert, man of many alts!
      Community Mentor

What contradiction?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. aceface

yea as fd said he asked for like 50% of the revenue from sm and schema said no so they split ways

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Calhoun

Calhoun Part-time God

did he ever get his tree fiddy?

4. AtraUnam

AtraUnam Maiden of crashes

Hey I remember the beetlebear thing, I also remember thinking that I knew multiple people who could draw better textures.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Top 4ce

Top 4ce Force or Ace?

one of them making great textures, and sort of a humble private guy. he was hired, it was a great call.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. RedAlert_007

Community Mentor

A 5 year old with crayons could draw better textures

• Agree Agree x 6
    7. RedAlert_007

Community Mentor

Oh yeh, did we forget to mention that alter has been using personal, subjective interpretations of rules as opposed to the actual official site rules and definitions?

Here, have some images from a moderation report (Yes, the non-public area of the forums where moderators discuss reports)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Let it be made clear that moderators can no longer hide behind the curtain of non-public mod reports, there are plenty more where this came from.

• Like Like x 5
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Batavium

I see nothing wrong with this report. It is al about the shut the fuck up part. Not even about the you do not know what the hell your talking about part. Getting a little worked up over stuff is no crime and understandable. But demanding some else stops talking because he or she has a different view point or happens to be less informed is.

I see no reason for Thingie to reopen the report. What i do not get though is why a Mod would act on Guest user complains unless it is something very serious. Unless reports filed are anonymised. I never filed a report so i do not know how the follow up process goes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Thingie

Thingie Professional Lurker

The guest accounts are people who reported the content.
      I reopened the case because it was not trolling as the person got points for. Basically got given points for something they didn't do, which is wrong no matter how you look at it.

• Like Like x 1
    10. RedAlert_007

Community Mentor

Could the statement be worded better? Yes it could have.

But as Thingie said in the report, there was no violation of swearing rules as it was not excessive, it was not trolling as it was a serious response and was borderline flaming at best according to the actual official definition.

According to alter's personal, unofficial, subjective definition of "flaming" this was not borderline, however as Thingie said, personal, subjective definitions is not the correct way to moderate, but alter moderating incorrectly is not a new thing by any means ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Lecic

Lecic Convicted Lancake Abuser

I would think the bigger issue here is that Alter thinks that "using the truth to point out someone is wrong" is "trolling." The cold hard facts is trolling now? Is that the kind of forum you want?

The other problem here is not that I was given points. I deserved points for that sentence. But those should have been FLAMING points, not trolling. This is a repeated issue with Alter, where he gives points for things that are only rule violations under his subjective rules, or gives warnings not relevant to the content, such as the Malicious Images warnings he's given to posts that contain none.

The other problem is that he is rarely willing to discuss bad behavior with users. In the report the guest is asking for him to just talk to me about it, but instead he immediately jumps to slapping someone who's just gotten a little heated with 2 points in a category they haven't even violated.
      Most people do not intend to cause harm and if the moderators confront them about this they will almost always be willing to edit the unnecessary language out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    12. Thingie

Thingie Professional Lurker

Something I have spoken about many times to both duke and alter but hay what ever, they wanna run a ship that way that's up to them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    13. Blakpik

Blakpik Angler

You being right offends me.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1