You Know, We Really Need Ice Crystal Heptas & Tetras...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Just a suggestion, given how hard it is to create smooth glowing structures ie: engines...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Why only ice? Bastyn ftw!
    Well, IMO, charged circuits, metal mesh & grill, scaffold, ice crystals, and force fields should all have full access to corners, hepta's, and tetra's. It's just what I use in my style.

This is what my style looks like:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Why stop with just those, like the person above id like all the different decorative blocks to have access to everything if it makes sense! :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    We have a limited number of IDs. That's the main thing preventing us from having extra shapes of all those blocks, as well as texture issues for some of them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    We have a limited number of IDs. That's the main thing preventing us from having extra shapes of all those blocks, as well as texture issues for some of them.
    They did say they could expand the number of block ids if they needed to, im sure theyd rather not of course however.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    They did say they could expand the number of block ids if they needed to, im sure theyd rather not of course however.
    I'm pretty sure they want to avoid it if they can, since it'd balloon the file sizes and network usage of structures.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm pretty sure they want to avoid it if they can, since it'd balloon the file sizes and network usage of structures.
    Yup, glad i was thinking along the same lines. I wonder if they have a way to see which blocks are used the most for decorations, and those blocks get full sets of shapes?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'd like to see it for at least some of these decorative blocks. Force fields, crystals, motherboards, circuits, charged circuits, lava, ice blocks, maybe other terrain. Things like scaffolding, metal mesh, and metal grilles would look weird as anything but blocks and wedges, so I see no reason to use up IDs on tetras and heptas of those.

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    They most likely will have to do it eventually. I bet they saw it coming when they introduced slabs (multiply by 4).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    They most likely will have to do it eventually. I bet they saw it coming when they introduced slabs (multiply by 4).
    Actually, slabs don't add any new IDs. They hide in the spare bits of normal hull blocks.
    even now, deceit curls through the informants of knowledge

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Huh, weird. I distinctly remember either a councilor or Schine member telling chat they didn't use new IDs.
    I remember a councillor saying this as well, which is why I looked in the block configs... Lo and behold, there is a tag for "slabs" with 3 other block IDs under each block that has slabs. Attempting a /giveid with these numbers worked, though the resulting slabs disappear immediately after placement because of how Schema set up the system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It would be more efficient for them to make it not part of the block preset by linking the meshes to the slab state...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like a "Smooth" block which just doesn't show any edges or corners but a blur in that area.

Imagine a shape around blocks of that type with coloured points inside and then you use a gradient between 3 points (shader).

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    While I'm very much aware of the block ID probem, I'd say that either tetras and heptas for all crystal blocks or for none at all.