Yet another shipyard (Star Wars themed)

Reaction score
    I'm slowly expanding my fleet by vessels you can find in the Star Wars universe. Ships are built as accurate as possible (including interior and the positions of critical sections like power core or shield generators), always using a 1:1 scale.

T-65 X-wing starfighter (already presented in another thread)

• Mass: 9.0
    • Dimensions: 13x3x11
    • Power: 763.8 eps
    • Thrust: 31
    • Shields: 1678 (193 sps)

YT-1300 light freighter

Since there were different models, the ship's systems and interior are only basic, allowing for customization by their specific owners. The turrets are a lot wider than the original, but reducing them to one tube each would obstruct the windows (of the turret control seats) and would go greatly to the expense of the ship's firepower.

Millenium Falcon (heavily modified YT-1300 light freighter)

• Mass: 164.2
    • Dimensions: 33x3x24 (I messed up somewhere, should be 34-35 long)
    • Power: 6971.1 eps
    • Thrust: 264.4
    • Shields: 11095 (798 sps)

The exterior. It differs from the generic model's only by coloring and the concussion missile tubes in the front:

A view from the pilot's seat:

Cockpit block between the missile tubes:

In case there will ever be an autopilot system or you just want to take a break, you can also switch to the lounge view:

Main corridor, as seen from the entrance. From there you can get to the cockpit (right), the lounge (straight), the turret stations (left, not visible) or the engine room (back, not visible). Note the smuggling compartments in the floor!

The same intersection as seen from the cockpit corridor:

The lounge. In the original, from there you could also get to additional storage rooms, but since the exterior hull only allowed for one block vertical space here, these would be inaccessible (see the one-block Plex door in the lounge view above). I used the available space to increase the size of shield generators and missile tubes and added a few thrusters. After all, it's the fastest ship in the galaxy!

Sadly, the lounge got a lot smaller than the original, too, so there are some things missing (for instance the gaming table where C-3PO and R2-D2 "let the wookie win").

From the lounge you can get to the engine room, passing the crew's quarters, a small engineering station and the hatch in the upper hull, where Lando Calrissian rescued Luke Skywalker from certain doom:

The corridor to the engine room. You can see the before mentioned engeneering station (left), the door to the quarters (right) and some energy pipelining:

The quarters (a LOT smaller than the original):

The engine room. The hyperdrive is (or would be) on the right, the rest is sublight engines and energy pipelining:

The engine room as seen from the hyperdrive. There is a storage room in the back (being at the symmetrically same position as the crew's quarters, it had to be shrunk, too):

We're near the completion of our little tour. From the engine room you can get back to the entrance, passing another engineering station:

Reaction score
    Very nice! I love how you try to maintain the small size and try creative way of making it look still good without making it larger than it should be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Looking great! Keep up the good work!

~ObiShawnKenobi, Grand Admiral of the Rebel Alliance... and a huge Star Wars nerd.

Reaction score
    Very nice! though the X-wing reminds me more of a Z-235 (that is what its called right) Headhunter, cause of wqing size and position, but very nice!

Reaction score
    though the X-wing reminds me more of a Z-235 (that is what its called right) Headhunter

Well, I guess that\'s okay, since the Z-95 Headhunter was the X-wing\'s predecessor. In the original, the outer distance of the laser cannons (with S-foils in attack position) is roughly three meters, so mine\'s pretty accurate. :p

Twin Ion Engine Advanced x1 (Darth Vader\'s starfighter)

• Mass: 18.1
    • Dimensions: 9x5x9
    • Thrust: 25
    • Shielding: 806 (111 shields/s)

Ebon Hawk (Dynamic-class freighter)

• Mass: 137.5
    • Dimensions: 25x6x23
    • Thrust: 197.4
    • Shielding: 14092 (955 shields/s)
    • Armament: 2 AMCs (> 350 DPS), 2 Turrets with 2 AMCs (> 400 DPS) each

There was no way to fit this ship\'s interior into its shell. The dormitories where inaccessible (thus, they are now filled with power, shield and thruster blocks), the medical bay is 1x1 block wide (so is the engine room), the cargo hold and many corridors are missing, and the cockpit only provides space for one pilot.