Worst deaths you've had or seen?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm sure we've all had bad days and seen people have plenty more so what's the worst deaths you've had or seen. Provide pics or videos if able of them or just talk about them whatever is easier. :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I always laugh at death messages from planet plates. The person either killed themselves on lava or shot themselves with a logic-activated weapon on the plate, and either of those are just complete failures.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was in a battleship, and was trying to get to my friend. Naturally, I went to the nav and selected him....

But my turrets were on "aim at selected"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Quickly landing new, shiny, made in toil after longer period of time of gathering parts ship with the horribly buggy collision turned on. It was a pain to even watch.

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Testing drive for a new ship, mostly completed, only lacked the details. After a few jumps towards spawn, I die, I notice pirates around so I got in a revenge mood. I respawn and take the mobile missile platform, my carrier "Matriarch" and jump to destination, instant death and then bling! I open the map, it was the perfect center of a star. Afterwards due to a bug the first ship respawned at it's dock but the carrier orbited around the sun and I had help to get it back.

Reaction score
    I hate it whenever i encounter a dc while flying into a wormhole.
    Whenever i log back in the ship is like 50000m away and i can only wait around 20 minutes until i'm finally close enough to get killed by the wormhole.

Oh nvm theres the suicide button :<

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Worst death I ever had was my "Don't make heatseeker turrets" lesson.

So I built heatseeker turrets for my mining ship due to pirates. I was several systems out so nobody came through my sector unless they meant to, so I didn't really worry about hitting anyone by accident while I was out pirate farming. At first, the turrets worked GREAT! Had 8 of them on my ship, full efficiency.

Got done farming pirates, came home to my faction home base, docked, and went in to process and sort the bounty.

Then some pirates came for revenge.

They stayed far enough away from my station that the heatseekers turned back inwards to attack the station, but close enough that the AI kept trying to shoot them. Did I mention this was in the days when missile blast radius would penetrate hulls? And I had Explosive modules on the heatseekers?

In a panic, I finally managed to get to the ship they were attached to, and I thought if I could delete the ship it would take the turrets out with it. Nope, I cranked up the build dimensions, went to remove mode, and took the ship out. Only to watch the turrets scatter into space like a mine field. A heatseeker minefield that now did not care about anything because it was not faction blocked.

Only safe place in my entire sector was inside the build block for my station. I finally had to swallow my pride and go on open chat to ask "Can anyone with a LOT of shields come destroy my rogue heatseeker turrets?" Someone did bring a really huge ship with something like 20 million shields out there and picked the turrets off for me, and it took a week before people stopped laughing over my Heatseeker Suicide.

---

Funniest death I've seen was on a server with collision damage turned on. Someone blew up a planet without eating it first so they could mine the chunks easier without lagging people. He got smacked in the face with a continent. No contest on who won that fight, he was complete bug on a windshield.

Reactions: Keptick

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol that last one, nothing like being instakilled by a planet plate. XD

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Worst death I ever had was my "Don't make heatseeker turrets" lesson.
    This entire post is pure gold.

For me, It was when my ship warped without me.

I was playing on one of the larger servers and had been fighting pirate stations. I took out a station but It was getting laggy so I didn't feel like cleaning up cloud of ships firing on me. I set a WP for home, hit the jump drive....

FOOMP. Ship disappears.... I'm still here... surrounded by red triangles. Pew pew. Dead.

Luckily, my home station was nearby so I respawned there instead of at 2,2,2. Searched around, found my pilot-less ship and had a good laugh about the whole thing.

Reaction score
    I'll contribute; I logged in yesterday, deep in the home station, to tons of fast moving enemies swarming around outside. Not totally unusual for the Cosmic Pantheon server, but a little troubling. Adding to the confusion, no less than three people were messaging me about a faction-mate's recent bad behavior and him causing server downtime.

As I tried to float through the station to a warship, or any ship, really, one of the enemies flies across the open plex door at the end of a very long hallway. And fires swarmers. A few make it through the door, fly down the long hallway, and I stare death in the face.

It takes me ten minutes at spawn to figure out that they weren't actually pirates; somehow, somewhere, I had the "Neutrals as enemies" option enabled, and the random unfactioned bits of ships with AI floating around the station took me out. I still don't know how that changed from when I logged off to me logging back on.

Reaction score
    Chilling on a friend's ship... then... missiles!
    ***For some reason the display modules bugged out and still showed one side even though they were destroyed.

Reactions: aceface

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    O_O Missiles coming out of nowhere make for a painful day.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I once saw over 30 deaths in an hour from some guy. He was trying to board an Isanth at his homebase, and was failing miserably.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Blood and Steel, ship graveyard match against Sven just before the "real" final match

Jaaskinal ran to get out of her ship and get into the dead NFD Rockhopper for a major upgrade, and when she got to the Rockhopper, one of her abandoned ship's turrets fired a missile at Sven... who was on the other side of the Rockhopper, across the map.

Jaas was killed by her own turret :P

Reactions: Keptick

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    When I first decided that building and upgrading the Saryth on the NFD build server was going to be too slow, I downloaded the blueprint to my SP. Unfortunately I didn't remember to turn enemy useable off.

So about five minutes into setting up entities like a game of chess I go from 75 to 1 FPS, panic, look around and in a snapshot I see the telltale darkness of about ten Saryth WIPs, all with their spinning spectra armor overlapping and churning out collision calculations while their turrets spewed forth swarms of missiles and cannons.

First my WIP died. Then I died. Then my client died. Now I know why in duels people were complaining about my turrets.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Me and Occarina were doing some sneeky boarding, I was in a distraction ship (small 700 mass) while he grappled on the victim, a 40k mass ship. Occarina was having troubles grinding through the blast doors into the ship so I shot a missile to help bust the wall (which was so stupid as the ship's multimillion shield was still up), and in the process killed Occarina. It could have been so nice stealing a 40k mass ship with a 700 one. The even more funnier thing is that the guy who was in the 40k mass ship thanked me for saving him. This happened on Elwyn Eternity.

I was just sitting in my base minding my business, then from nowhere a cloaker uncloaked and pulsed a damage pulse and killed me. Happened on Shattered skies.

I went to spawn, which is supposed to be protected. I then have some random missile turret hit me and frikken kill me. It happened 3-4 times again, and never went to spawn again. I was so pissed and the worst of all was that on shattered skies you lose your stuff on death, and so I lost everything. I had an almost filled blueprint and TONNES of resources, and the admins wouldn't replace it because of no "proof". Shattered skies as well.

Reactions: Cozaar

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    That last one is why I have a recorder program on hand. If they say it's faked hang them for doing so. :)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Saw an entire faction slaughtered by its own leader as he went on some sort of crazy power trip and leveled the entire base with their brand new titan.