World Won't Load - Possibly due to asteroid duplication and collision

Nxn

Reaction score
    A save file that I was using for developing a ship seems to have corrupted in an odd way. I've looked through the logs and it seems like my client is being overloaded with physics calculations from asteroids, and so I can never spawn after hitting the "Spawn" button. A minute after pressing the spawn button, the server will usually crash.

Can anyone save the ship that I was dicking around with, if I give you the proper files you need (I have no idea where ships are saved in a world)? Maybe its possible to guide me to deleting all of the asteroids in the starting sector in my world?

Anyways, I'll attach the client log file as proof of what I'm saying. Asteroids weren't touched in this world at all, I just started building in creative mode right next to the spawn shop.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't say that I didn't touch the asteroids, I actually used one of them as a target to test a weapon on the ship. Fired at it from a sector away with a 2k block damage beam to test its power consumption.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Anyways, I'll attach the client log file as proof of what I'm saying. Asteroids weren't touched in this world at all, I just started building in creative mode right next to the spawn shop.
    Looks like some fantastic Asteroid pinball.

Maybe this will help it is a bit of a long shot but who knows. In your server.cfg check or change the following:

ASTEROIDS_ENABLE_DYNAMIC_PHYSICS = false //enables asteroids to be able to move in space

COLLISION_DAMAGE = false //colliding into another object does damage

ASTEROID_RADIUS_MAX = 1 //Asteroid max radius in blocks (from -x to +x)

ASTEROID_SECTOR_REPLENISH_TIME_SEC = -1 //seconds until a sector that is mined down to 0 asteroids is replenished (-1 = never)

Maybe a ASTEROID_RADIUS_MAX = 0 setting will remove Asteroids completely from the map I have never tried it. Currently I can not test it either so make a backup copy of your StarMade folder if you are trying this.