WIP Salvager

Reaction score
    I've been working on this ship for the past week or so and I've just finished up the exterior. I figured I may as well put it up on here because I don't often see many Salvage ships. I've named it the Gobble Guts due to its tendency to eat planets.

Front salvage end.

Whole ship with a shot of the bridge.

Engines at the rear.

Stats:

Mass: 9355.0
    Length: 186m, Height: 45m, Width: 31m
    Power: 7,519,825.4 (1,537,248.9 e/sec)
    Thrust: 32,268.4
    Shields: 408,555

369 cannon salvage array with a speed of 0.05
    8 AMC's with 700+ damage

Please note that all of these are subject to change as I haven't yet completed up the interior of the ship.

All feedback is welcome, and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    This looks really good. I like the colors and those rear thrusters. Do you have some pics of the salvaging in action? Would love to see this. Is the ship armed? AMC arrays or plans to put turrets on there?

I'm not usually one to dwell on stats of ship but if I were to nitpick I would question a couple things. When it comes to power, I personally don't like having less storage than regen. Basically, if I don't have storage at least equal to the amount of regen, I'll just leave it at the standard 20k the core gives you. So in your case, regen is 1.4 million, I would make sure to have at least 1.4 million storage, or even double that. Removing those storage tanks will give you more space for more shields.

I wonder about the 4:1 thrust ratio as well. I'm just thinking this may be a little overkill. Removing the extra thrust will once again give you more space for shields.... or for whatever you would like, interior, salvage blocks etc....

I hope you don't take this feedback as negative. At this point of the game development I really feel like stats mean nothing. People can say that they PVP but in my experience 9 times out of 10 the lag is the real winner. So the above criticism is my opinion based on my experience with the game. Keep making your ships however you like and I'll continue to compliment them, with some constructive criticism of course :)

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Nicely done!!! I really wonder what the salvage speed is

JimmyJamba when done properly thrusters barely take up any space since the last update.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    I've just updated the stats to include salvage and AMC speed/damage. Also, I realize I probably went way overboard with the 7 million power, but I wanted to make sure I didn't have any limitations when I eventually do get around to building the turrets, of which there will be two large and two small. For obvious reasons, I don't plan on taking a salvage ship into battle, but it's nice to have a bit of defense from pesky pirates raining on my parade.