Will the new cargo transfer make cargo pods easier?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    My friends and I have long sought to implement standardized cargo pods on our server, but we've never been able to quite manage it. It's been a while since I last looked at the idea, but I know it remains of interest to my friends, and the upcoming changes have me curious.

I seem to remember that a big hurdle was trying to automate the switch between pushing and pulling resources in a cargo pod. I also remember that cargo transfer to a pod would stop for some unknown reason, well before the pod had reached its capacity.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    On the newly revealed blocks Schine has been developing:
    Short answer: yes
    Long answer: yeeeeeeeeees

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I can't imagine that Schine would overhaul the cargo system unless it was improving functionality. Modular cargo is something many of us have tried to implement since the advent of cargo and the current system just doesn't fully support it.

I'm guessing (and hoping), but it's likely that it will also improve our ability to automate cargo transafer with drones such that in the future we will be able have fleets passively mine while unloaded and properly return the results to our ships and stations where we want the goods to end up. Including properly stored in cargo containers ready for transport.

D

Deleted member 678402

Yes. Giant freighters with cargo containers that can be ejected and switched about will be a thing.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Yes. Giant freighters with cargo containers that can be ejected and switched about will be a thing.
    But these things already exist. Cap'n Anthros has many videos of them working quite well.

EDIT: Not to mention the dozen or so other cargoship builders who have a variety of systems in place.