Will the game have AI factions in the future?

Reaction score
    While exploring the universe and fighting AI ships is fun, at the moment the single player experience still isn't that complex. What role with AI factions play in the future? Will there be AI factions that will own or even claim areas like the player can? Or perhaps there will just be static factions that the player can interact with like in a RPG?

What do you think the future will look like in regards to single player content?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There will be, but sadly I don't think it's coming any time soon.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have heard that it is planned to have multiple AI factions, so I think in the future, the player can join in massive AI battles, to turn the tide one way or the other. Think: Return of the Jedi space battle with frigates instead of fighters. That should be huge fun.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    they have already done some work towards adding extra AI content, there is now a total of 18 AI factions,
    the 2 classics (pirate and trade guild) plus 8 hidden enemy factions and 8 hidden neutral factions

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You're wrong about it not coming any time soon.

I'm pretty sure everything in the game is coming Soon™.
    Sort of, but there are several kinds of Soon™. One is "Working on this, should have it done soon," the next is "I will begin work on this feature soon," and the last one is "Hopefully I'll be able to get around to this soon, once some other features are in place." This is that third kind. Which, knowing the development cycle, means it'll be a really long time.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424379422,1424377086][/DOUBLEPOST]
    they have already done some work towards adding extra AI content, there is now a total of 18 AI factions,
    the 2 classics (pirate and trade guild) plus 8 hidden enemy factions and 8 hidden neutral factions
    Uhhh, what?