Will starmade support hololens?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    starmade is supporting oculus, although a bit buggy
    but how about hololens? or any other VR and AR device?

Reactions: Lecic

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Starmade AR? Na, I cant see any reason. Minecraft AR is more of a LOOK WHAT IS POSSIBLE thing, rather than a game taht works well in AR.

Using the recently released exporter, it would be cool to have scale models of our ships in hololens sat on desks and stuff.

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Starmade AR? Na, I cant see any reason. Minecraft AR is more of a LOOK WHAT IS POSSIBLE thing, rather than a game taht works well in AR.

Using the recently released exporter, it would be cool to have scale models of our ships in hololens sat on desks and stuff.

This would be amazing. Do want.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I wouldn't mind being able to use Hololens as an alternate reality type thing. Sitting at your desk, or rather, sitting in your cockpit chair, and manually operating the controls with the imaginary buttons in the Hololens world :P

Reactions: Lecic

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I wouldn't mind designing ships in augmented reality. Perhaps that could be added for creating blueprints after the shipyard update.

Reactions: Master1398
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    To be honest, it doesn't really seem too practical. A fun gimmick, something to amuse but neither it really would allow both comfortable and fair play nor seems to allow the same degree of precision a player has using good ol' keyboard & mouse combo. I may be wrong, maybe they simply didn't dive deep enough into it or the whole tool will be improved, but that's the impression I get so far.