1. Hey Guest! We're currently translating StarMade. Anyone can translate, if you can, feel free to!
      Dismiss Notice
    2. Hey Guest! We're currently looking for new forum administrators. If this interests you, head over to this thread.
      Dismiss Notice

Why is building in singleplayer so boring ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZektorSK, Jun 18, 2017 at 8:00 PM.

1. ZektorSK

ZektorSK Wow a new feature ! *quack*

I can't seem to understand why it is happening. When I was building on a server, I got lots of nice ideas, and I talked with people on the chat. But the server I was playing on is now dead, and when I want to build something in SP... I can't build anything, and I get bored very quickly.

Does anyone know why it happens?

2. Sachys

Sachys Hermit.

Sounds to me like you have build block. Give this thread a look and see if anything helps.

Theres also a chance that you maybe feel propelled by the activity and atmosphere of a more "live environment", so perhaps going to a build server is worth a look?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Brokengauge

I hear the cake build server is a good place. I haven't been on it though. Too busy IRL

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Captain Tankman

Captain Tankman Cake Build Staff

5. Extholious

the reason (at least what i think) for me getting bored in single player is that i want feedback, like if i make something interesting or cool i want someone to give me their opinion on it and mabey help me make it better, i also enjoy it more just because if an interesting conversation starts up you can have alot of fun (not that you couldn't have fun just building) while still building your ship

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. KiloZulu

Spending time with others who share your interest in the game generates a feeling of community and belonging. The group constantly renews and reinforces one another's interest in the game. When you're playing single player, the absence of conversation becomes deafening.

That'll be 5₵ please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. ZektorSK

Thank you all for your posts. I started building on CBS and it is a lot better !

8. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Token Chinese

I strongly advise against building on multiplayer servers as your creation is essentially under the mercy of the server's stability. I cannot emphasize how many times I hear people's bickering because they lost progress when the server got rolled back. However, there is a way you can enhance your single player build experience.

I suggest starting up a journal thread, showing progress of your build. Take Keptick for example who constantly documents the progress of his titan. In a way, you also protect your creation from intellectual theft while setting small milestones that allow people to admire your work that in itself acts as an incentive to continue bettering your craft and completing your project.

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. ZektorSK

Well, that's what blueprints are for. I always save everything before moving on into another section.

10. MacThule

MacThule Rocket Man

Meanwhile, this is exactly the reason I prefer to do my building in SP mode...

I used to prefer building in MP, but after a while too many people knew me and so being on a busy server became a cascade of questions, requests for assistance, and requests to "come look at this" and "can i bring this by to show." Which is cool, but I quickly realized that I was spending 4 hours online and getting about 30 minutes worth of building done. Now I build in SP, I build much faster and with more focus, I do my Alpha testing there, and then I upload my designs to MP for Beta testing & feedback.

For newer players or players exploring new systems or build styles though, working on a MP server is invaluable. That advice and feedback saves you a lot of time.

• Like Like x 1