Who Runs What: StarMadeDock Staff Changes

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    Greetings Astronauts!

Over the past few weeks you may have noticed a change in the StarMade Dock Staff Page. A lot of people are confused about who runs the forums, who to talk to for issues, and who runs various outlets such as the Temporary Chat, StarMade Dock, StarMade Registry, and Star-Made.org.

tl;dr DukeofRealms works for Schine and doesn't run the forums anymore. He has passed the operations of the forum onto @resba.

Here's a list of people in charge of different things and where to go to get questions answers:
    Account/Game Ownership (StarMade Registry): wedtm, the Account Support Forum, and the StarMade Helpdesk
    Game Support/Bug Report (StarMade): The Testing Team/StarMade Devs, the Game Support Forum, and the StarMade Helpdesk
    Forums Support/Bug Report (StarMadeDock): resba, the Moderators, and the Site Support Forum

-----The Long Version:

So.. Who runs the forums? (StarMadeDock.net)

This confusion is mostly due to the fact that on the old website the forums were run by Schine. With the launch of the new site the Forums (StarMade Dock) no longer are run by Schine, but are instead run by Gamer Dock, Ltd.

Because Gamer Dock runs the forums, Schine is not responsible for anything regarding the forums.

Now this is all well and good, however the main issue lies in a very simple question "If the forums aren't run by Schine and are run by Gamer Dock, Who runs Gamer Dock?"

Gamer Dock originally was run by DukeOfRealms when the site launched, who also at the time worked for Schine doing business development on the side for Schine.

Where this becomes complicated is that DukeOfRealms has stepped down from Gamer Dock to work full time at Schine, meaning he longer is the primary person in charge of implementing new forum features or fixing issues with the forum's bugs.

Instead, that duty has been passed on to resba, who now also manages the operations of Gamer Dock.

That's great and all, but.. who is resba?

I introduced myself breifly when we launched but I'll do it again since I've gotten to know a lot of you. My name is resba, I worked for about 6 months on implementing this new site under Duke and working closely with wedtm on bringing you this new content platform. My goals here are to help you guys have a great time on the forums and make them as useful as possible.

I'm in charge of the StarMadeDock Forums, the StarMadeDock Staff, the Temporary Official StarMade Chat (irc.esper.net #starmade), and other various things that will be coming up soon.

I do NOT work for Schine, I'm actually not paid at all, as is the case with the rest of the moderators here. The staff of StarMadeDock are all volunteers.

If you have any problems, Talk to me! I'll try to answer your question to the best of my ability or direct you to someone who can.

I can also be reached via e-mail at: [email protected]

Cool, so who do we talk to for Forum Support, Issues, Bugs, Etc?

That would be me (resba)

Why is resba running the forums?

I'm running StarMadeDock because I am the person in charge of operations for GamerDock due to Duke moving his attention completely to Schine and StarMade.

I have a question you didn't answer

If you guys have any other questions about the operations of StarMadeDock, let me know by replying or sending me a PM. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Take care guys, and good luck out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: ObiShawnKenobi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Greetings Astronauts!

tl;dr DukeofRealms works for Schine and doesn't run the forums anymore. He has passed...
    Read this early in the morning. First thing that comes to mind is that "He has passed away", and proceded to thoroughly confuse myself.

But anyway, good job at being Community Manager.

Reactions: iPwn_

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Out of curiosity, why did Schine decide to make the community hub for the game a third party thing?

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    Read this early in the morning. First thing that comes to mind is that "He has passed away", and proceded to thoroughly confuse myself.

But anyway, good job at being Community Manager.
    Thank you! And no, he's still around :P

Out of curiosity, why did Schine decide to make the community hub for the game a third party thing?
    I honestly don't know, at the time DukeofRealms was in charge and I was merely helping out with platform integration XD so I'm not sure how it all came to be

Reaction score
    I don't do website programming, but whenever I Google 'Starmade' it comes up with the old website, I don't know if you can change it but it might be better pointing to the dock. That way we can get more views.

Reaction score
    It might be a good idea for all Schine developers to have their official titles under their names for everyone to see instead of confusing things such as "Magic Man" or "Ancient Member". Certainly leaves a lot of room for confusion. Just my two credits. :)

Reaction score
    It might be a good idea for all Schine developers to have their official titles under their names for everyone to see instead of confusing things such as "Magic Man" or "Ancient Member". Certainly leaves a lot of room for confusion. Just my two credits. :)
    Agreed.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That's what our about page which is a WIP is for.

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ah, that clears a few things up. Does this fragmentation of services not lead to any hiccups ever, or do they all communicate seamlessly?

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...Sooo, what kind of thing is Duke working on now, then?

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the chat is still not working for me and when will the update be
    If your university/school applies an internet filter, it's likely blocked by that. The chat's on the Espernet IRC server, which is a well-known one. It's blocked at my school.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3