Whitelist - Detailed how to.

Reaction score
    Follow these steps exactly and your Whitelist will be active.

1. Log into the game and hit enter.
    In the chat box type this, /whitelist_activate true
    Use /whitelist_activate false to turn it back off.
    2. Hit enter again and in the chatbox type this, /whitelist_account playername

That's it, you're whitelist is now active. The following explains how to do it from the file itself.
    Important, do the above first.

1. Log into your server and go to config files.
    2. Clink on white listed players.
    3. copy your first line that has your player name in it minus your name.
    4. Paste it back in and simply type in the players name you want whitelisted exactly as it will appear in the game.

Some people can go into the "StarMade Config" server.cfg and manually do it but, the above steps are the best way that has yet to fail.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Follow these steps exactly and your Whitelist will be active.

1. Log into the game and hit enter.
    In the chat box type this, /whitelist_activate true
    Use /whitelist_activate false to turn it back off.
    2. Hit enter again and in the chatbox type this, /whitelist_account playername

That's it, you're whitelist is now active. The following explains how to do it from the file itself.
    Important, do the above first.

1. Log into your server and go to config files.
    2. Clink on white listed players.
    3. copy your first line that has your player name in it minus your name.
    4. Paste it back in and simply type in the players name you want whitelisted exactly as it will appear in the game.

Some people can go into the "StarMade Config" server.cfg and manually do it but, the above steps are the best way that has yet to fail.
    New account already posting tips and tricks for server management? I like that already! (y)

Reaction score
    New account already posting tips and tricks for server management? I like that already! (y)
    Thank you.

The directions cam from the dev support team when I was having trouble and couldn't find any detailed instructions.
    The credit goes to the dev support staff.

Reactions: JumpSuit

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Thank you.

The directions cam from the dev support team when I was having trouble and couldn't find any detailed instructions.
    The credit goes to the dev support staff.
    Well, would be nice if the commands/instructions were at one point listed somewhere. "Officially"

Reaction score
    I agree.
    For as long as this game has been out you'd think they would have made an official "How To" manual for it by now.
    Still, maybe in time the forums will cover every aspect of the game and they can pull the best instructions and tutorials from the players themselves.

( Just so the readers are clear, I am not ranting. This only an observation on my part and not in anyway meant as a rant against the game, the devs or these forums. I personally am very pleased with the game and have no complaints about it. No project like this one is going to become perfect over night. I have seen some games that took up to 10 years before it was bug free and complete. )