Which faction should I choose and why ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm interested in joining a faction, not sure which one. Although I'd like to know which factions are most eager to recruit new members and also how well that faction works together to achieve their intended purpose as well as the reasons behind their purpose. I'm a new player to starmade, whatched many videos on the game and I'v played for a few hours on single player. I'd be more inclined to join a faction that has their own server or a strong presence in one. So, which is the faction I should join... ?

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/new-conglomerate-recruiting-caste-system

Website

http://newconglomeratefaction.weebly.com/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank-you for noticing my thread, your faction looks rather promising, although as of yet, i cant compare your faction to any others, for obvious reasons.

Reaction score
    We are a large faction with a goal to accupy a territory in every server. We do not condone war, but rather peace within our territory and amongst the rest of the universe. This is not to say we will back down from conflict, but rather we will fight for our territory and justice for all players, wether it be a pirate station or a faction destroying neutral players ships. Our leader is Dude_Matt and his second in command is benetha619, if you wish to know more about our faction please feel free to visit our site, there you may find our forum board and any updates to our faction. I hope you will find we are what you are looking for, and look forward to your decision (wether it lays with us or another worthy faction).

http://colonists.weebly.com/

Thank you for reading my pitch.

Sincerely LoLzboi

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Exellent pitch LoLzboi the Colonists sounds (and looks) like you\'ve waisted no time in commiting to your intended purpose, although you don\'t appear to have many member (according your website) I can instantly see the appeal to player looking to join a organised neutral and somewhat professional faction. Your pitch and website has made me seriously consider joining the Colonists. My decision shouldn arrive sometime in the near future as I really want to have an objective when I play starcraft and to be able to work in coordination with others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I based my reply on your pitch and website. However the colonists forum is entirely different. Not too inclined to join a happy face and name hiding a sinister plan...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://star-made.org/content/red-mercenaries-corporation-rmc-recruiting - The RMC is currently recruiting, that will take you to our forum page where you can visit the website :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have looked at both your forum and website, rather clean I have to say :) not sure how efficient your factions pollicies will be, as paying people right now on starmade is difficult as there is no player interactions, only the shops to my knowledge. However your purpose apears just and fair. I\'ll be considering your faction. best of luck to you also :).

Reaction score
    Dude_Matt didn\'t mean for it to come off as such a... sinister... and... evil... group, he just meant for it to grab attention quickly and get people talking (as is with many quick faction pitches). The pitch I offered you is our new and revised philosphy, so I hope you were not scared by the original. The members on the site are a small portion of those actually in our faction (as some have yet to create an account) but am glad you are doing your homework on the current factions. I\'m rather happy to hear you have interest in our faction, if you wish to ask any questions or read more into our current structure please feel free to contact me via the private messenger on this site.

Sincerely, LoLzboi

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wasn\'t particularly scared, I just wouldn\'t be too please to be associated with a hostile or aggresive faction. Wouln\'t be welcomed much by other factions I presume. However I will re-evaluate your pitch and your factions revised plans. thanks for the update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the interest, and yeah the mercenary system isnt great atm, we are waiting for it to be more combatible with possible development such as player to player transactions, signs and better PM systems etc

Cheers,

Tez :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The one you\'re the most interested in and that seems approriate for your style of play. Try and look for a faction with players you can get along with.

After all, you want to join and have fun, and normally stay. No use in joining a \"cool\" faction full of douchebags or players that are never there. Or players you dislike or don\'t go along with.

Etc.

I think you should look through a few before joining in the first hungry for new members.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The UEF is a new fraction and so is in need of a high command, those who join now receive an immediate promotion to one of the high ranks. The UEF is not a warlike fraction but is neither peaceful so you get the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m not rushing to join a faction, although I am rather keen to join one, for the simple reasons that you stated yourself I want to be able to play with members of a faction as a team and at a convenient time for all included, whilst still enjoing my experiance. I\'m taking time to look at factions, not just who post on this thread but in the forums, even this those that seem inactive, just so i don\'t miss out on joining the right faction for me.

thank you both for your collective but seperate inputs Charlie_ and CyberFerret.1

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If your more of a starwars person, heres a good one!

http://star-made.org/content/rebel-alliance-wants-you

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Starwars is great :) building from referance is easier and it\'s good to see who can get the closest to the real ship. Although I think it\'d be fun to make some ships I dont know if I\'d want to be part of the faction \'full time\'. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    We are a neutral, non-military corporation focused on Mining, Manufacturing, and Shipbuilding.

Mining: Minerals are the lifeblood of Starmade. Without the stuff extracted from asteroids and planets, there wouldn\'t be much to do.

Manufacturing: Since raw materials aren\'t terribly useful to anyone, they should be processed into more useful components to be sold to other players.

Shipbuilding: Let\'s face it, building your own ship isn\'t that hard. But when you want a ship that\'s 400 blocks long and can demolish a space station, it\'s much easier to let someone else do it.

If you\'re good at these three tasks, post some pictures of your mining rig, factory, or obnoxiously overpowered battlecruiser, and we\'ll talk it out.

Edit: Since player-made items cannot be bought and sold between players, the focus of this company, until further game updates, will be starship design.

Our server IP is 74.128.76.13:4242. Only serious applicants will be added to the whitelist. If you cannot connect, message me your in-game name and I will make sure you are added!

http://starmade-servers.com/server/82/

After some unwanted griefing, member\'s names will not be publicized.

Fly safe.

-AEONshipmaster, ScyTechAEON #1.5

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im interested in a more lax faction. i have no use for if you\'re this rank this is the class of ship you can fly. Mainly I fly a modified prirate ship with expanded weapon and shield capabilities, heavy salvage and storage and soon to be re hulled with hardened armor plating. It\'s good in a fight and good for grabbing resources.

Im working on a scalpel class carrier idea which would be a cruisre to battle ship sized stealth vessel with probably 4 AI fighters and reinforced armor around corfe systems.