Wheeled Vehicles

Would you like to see this added to starmade?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I know this has been suggested a few times, but not many have gone into much detail.

What I think would be great for starmade is ground based vehicles with wheels. I know the planets arent that big but they can mainly be used to drive on large stations. A certain block that allows your vehicle to be held on the station so there is friction to drive, wheels and turning wheels also to be added, as well as a couple different sizes for the wheels possibly. Vehicles such as this could be useful for transportation on large stations or can be used as repair vehicles to repair the inside of a station.

Another block that would be useful for wheeled-vehicles as well as small or large ships would be a magnetic-type block. This could be turned on or off and when turned on can pick up small objects or blocks (larger objects depending on how many magnetic modules are connected. ^ using the block that holds a ship or vehicle to a station's gravity could be also used for cargo containers, such as a 3x3x3 container of storage blocks, and a ship or wheeled-vehicle can use the magnetic block to attach to the cargo container and move it somewhere else, or attach multiple cargo containers to a large ship. the magnetic block could also be used for moving broken ships or be used for A.I turrets that dont have thrusters to move themselves and would be easier to move with another ship.

I've seen a lot of large stations that take forever to get across to the other side without using a ship to fly across it, but I think it would be useful and cool to just have a relatively small vehicle inside the station to drive around instead by making transport vehicles with seats for multiple people or little forklift-type vehicles or repair cars.

If any of the devs reads this, thank you for even reading this, for anyone else, thank you as well and if you think this is a good idea, then maybe spread the word.

-BraveCat

Reaction score
    I like wheels. Problem is they're round in a square-peg world. Maybe a Star-Wars-esque speeder/ground-hoverer type-o-thing would be close enough?

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    actually in one of the configs there is a wheel object and hinge. It's been there for quite awhile....so maybe schema's been toying around with it.