What do you listen to while playing StarMade?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just as it says in the title, I want to know what you guys listen to when you play. Audiobooks? Music? Nothing at all? Post your selection of ambience below!

Reactions: Lancake and Xacktar
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i usually listen to whatever is on the TV or i listen to 60's 70's and 80's classic rock

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Music! As for what music... well, depends on what I'm building. Anything from epic/fantasy-type music, to EvE Online's soundtrack.

Reaction score
    If I can't stay up too late, nothing, if I'm free to get in the zone and just go to 6 AM, I'll put on google play with either one of the progressive trance stations or my own eclectic mix of thumbed up Future Pop, Trance, ED, Aggrotech and Indie Rock :P

Reaction score
    When I play Starmade I have the game sound off, and am usually on Teamspeak with friends, however I also usually have some background music running from Youtube when I'm building.

Something to inspire me, usually epic/instrumental/choral, eg:

Reactions: <SCRIPTKITTY>
    Reaction score
    Sometimes music, sometimes podcasts or whatever. Nothing really fixed or consistent.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Steve Reich, Philip Glass, Japan, Synergy, Vangelis, Little Feat, King Crimson, Trout-Fishing in America, Keith Jarrett, Yes, Jethro Tull, Mantecca, Audience, Steps Ahead, Shadowfax, Jan Garbarek, David Syvian, David Byrne (solo & Talking Heads) , Masquerelo, Shakti, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Zakir Hussain, Salief Keita, Vartina, David Hykes & the Harmonic Choir, Jaco Pastorius, Mother Tongue.

Edit: LOL. 400+ vinyl, reel to reels, cassettes, 200 CDs, paid for every one, never downloaded a song in my life. I also enjoy books when I am not rubbing two stones together or hunting mammoth.

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    assorted video game music, podcasts, and my memetastic music mash ups!

Reaction score
    heh, looks like this is more like a 'what music/podcasts do you like?' thread ;)

Which is what I listen to mainly, that or youtube videos. I listen to a lot of Jazz, Bossa Nova, House, a little bit of speedmetal and speedcore, and quite a bit of jpop in varying forms.

I kinda prefer instrumental stuff, if I'm working hard ona project, especially if its wiring up logic or something. I might even turn off the music if I'm really focused on a logic problem.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I listen to music, though I don't have a specific building music, just whatever I'm feeling like at the time. This would be it right now:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    These days I keep YouTube up on another screen. Lately it's either Lenscap's StarMade videos or the Red Green Show. Both provide plenty of inspiration.

Reactions: Xacktar
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if your looking for spacey ambient music then i highly recommend stellardrone

Reaction score
    What do you listen to while playing StarMade?

My wife...bitching that I'm playing Starmade.

Reactions: BDLS