Weird little glitch or bug with fleets and forcefields

Reaction score
    So i've made a drone carrier where drones can fly into the main hangar and that all works fine and all, the weir part however is that whenever i close the hangar forcefields it detaches all the drones?

anyone got a clue why? the forcields are 1 block away from the drone at both the front and the back.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    So i've made a drone carrier where drones can fly into the main hangar and that all works fine and all, the weir part however is that whenever i close the hangar forcefields it detaches all the drones?

anyone got a clue why? the forcields are 1 block away from the drone at both the front and the back.
    Without knowing how it is set up, all I can do is make some guesses. If your using logic to turn forcefields on and off it maybe cross-linked to your undocking logic. If you upload a blueprint, others can download it to find out whats going on.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Almost certainly you have the drone docks and forcefield both linked to the same activation module.

Try this:

1. Delete the activation module that controls your forcefield.
    2. Replace the module.
    3. Select the new activation mod.
    4. Use select all (SHIFT) to link the mod to your force field.
    5. Test the new activation module - it should trigger the door without launching your ships.