Weekly Challenge #1 - 10/22/2012 - 10/29/2012

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good day pilots,
    You have exactly 2 weeks to build the ship that is in the starmade logo. More information can be seen via this transmission:

Feel free to discuss the challenge in this thread as well as post screenshots.
    You can disable your GUI with TAB+G, and re-enable it the same way.
    Taking screenshots on mac is Command + SHIFT + 3 it saves to your desktop.
    Windows I think is shift + printscreen.
    Good luck,
    Beetlebear out

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Post progress shots of your works whenever you have something to show :D

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My entry to the contest.....

It took me only about 2 hours to make, but looks pretty badass IMO. :P

Reaction score
    Here's my entry. Uploaded as StarMade_HunterAP
    http://imgur.com/a/QRmWO

It has enough engine to land/take off, however, it is not power balanced... You need to pulse the engines when travelling long distances. The turn rate on it is horrible.
    There are 4 entrances, one at the back of each pylon, and one on each side of the "command deck." The core is in the middle of the ship. Each entrance has a gravity module.
    There are 4 cockpits. One at each gun array, one in the command deck, and one in the lower observation deck for landing on planets.
    The interior is half-way done. There are rooms for various purposes, many have windows. I'll do more with interiors if furniture is ever added. ;)

Reaction score
    This is my entry, the Starmade-Logo-Fighter:
    http://imgur.com/a/VTNiV
    Uploaded the .sment to the Ship's section:
    http://www.star-made.org/node/588
    It is a smaller fighter, he has 2 cannons, and is able to start/land on planets. There is a lack of power on permanent fire, but its enough to fire short salvo's.
    It has two entrances, one on each side under the cannons.
    The core is in the center, you will have to fly from the three cockpits in the front and under the "wings". A gravity module is attached in the center next to the core so you can go through the 2x1 way to the cockpit even if the ship is not turned to the world's direction.

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.
    I hope you like it.

Reaction score
    probably isn't the best place to put this but could be at any rate.
    How do you get a picture to load to the fourm like fire219?

Reaction score
    You need to upload the picture somewhere, then hit the image button on the toolbar where you post your message. The image button will allow you to choose where an image is linked from. Some options for image storage are imageshack.us, photobucket.com, and tinypic.com. There are plenty of them on the net.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The weekly challenges aren\'t really going to continue? I can\'t say I blame you, being busy with development and all, just curious.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I decided to take a strange look at the challenge. I\'ll just let the pictures speak for themselves

http://imgur.com/a/2KP9X

The ship has lasers, missiles, and shields, though I don\'t know how well it would hold up in a battle, since I didn\'t really armor the important parts or anything, but oh well. Also, I really like ice crystals.

Also, how do I export my ship file so I can share it? I\'ve got it saved to my catalog, but how do I actually get the file?