Bug Weapons/Shields Not Working Correctly (Dev Build)

Reaction score
    Currently using the Dev Build and the following issues are happening with my ship while using new power system:

-Spawned a copy of my new ship to shoot at for testing weapons;

-Beam does no damage or any shield impact effect of any kind to new ship,

-Tracking missiles do not go to target and, when fired, fly off to the right into space and then burst into a large circle.

-When dumb fired, missiles hit the ship and do damage but no shield effect (impacts hull directly)

-Spawned an old ship with old power systems;

-Missiles, beams, ect all works correctly with shield effects HOWEVER there is some sort of extreme regeneration I'm seeing that mitigates nearly 5million damage from my beam, doing only 2million shield damage and then fully refilling the shields almost instantly.

I'll continue to post updates if I find anything else.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Check it out but i'll bet your canon canon will hit the shield, so we your hand held gun...

Reaction score
    I'm seeing something similar and it seems to change between logins. I built a new ship earlier, tried it out and everything seemed good. Left and came back a few hours later and logged back in. First thrusters went to zero thrust after I adjusted a weapon computer. Weapons worked fine, thrust was zero. I logged out and back in then thrust is working fine without changing anything else, but now weapons and salvage beams fire but seem to have no effect and my power is randomly plummeting to zero and back up to full every 20-40 seconds. I logged out and back in and now everything is working fine again. This isn't in the dev build, it is in release version v0.199.654.

Last edited: