Weapons excel spreadsheet with full customization

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Worked a few days on this now. It's basically a spreadsheet that contains all possible weapon combos including effects with full customization.

First of all, special thanks to Titansmasher! He made the visual basic code that allowed me to create an easy to use system for normal users.
    It's using macros so excel will complain about security issues but I can assure you that it contains no malware although it might be for the best if a moderator officially confirms this :)

You guys should use the sheet named "Workplace":

• The 3 grey boxes are dropdown menus and you can select the specific weapon combo you want to see.
    • The orange fields are input fields, please only use those types of fields if you want to edit stuff.
    • Some input fields are only used for specific combos (momentum effects use target ship mass for example)
    If you want to edit the basic weapon stats, go to sheet 1 and change whatever you want, it will auto update everything else.
    If you want to edit buff/nerfs you can do that for each specific combo in each weapon sheet.

This sheet is not finished, I can add a lot more stuff since I already have all the basic things I need.
    If you want something in particular and it's possible to do, I'll try to implement it :)

VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW
    • The momentum effect calculations are based on a new NOT IMPLEMENTED system
    • Values found on this sheet will not always correspond with in-game numbers!
      • First of all, I'm not perfect and the calculations used are complicated.
      • Second, some in-game numbers are actually bugged and my sheet is using the non bugged calculations.
    • Apparently it's only compatible with excel 2007 or newer, can't do anything about that.
    • Only use the input cells or if you can't use macros, use this field's colors to adjust it manually.
    DOWNLOAD

V3 version A (outdated)
    V3 version B (outdated)
    V4 (outdated)
    V4B (effects are slightly outdated, rest should be fine)

Last edited:

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Awesome, this'll help me plan out the specifics of my new capital ship!

...Oh, and it's safe, folks.

Reactions: Top 4ce and Lancake
    Reaction score
    I'm diggin' it so much I'm book-marking it, although, make sure it's updated or I'm going to poke your monitor and leave a permenant stain.

AHAHAHAHAHA, I'm so EVIEL.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Lancake, since I can't post feature requests on bug tracker, and you (probably semi-jokingly) said I can post this here, I shall:

While the new system of blueprint spawning with blocks offers some new features and solves some issues, it brings up quite a lot of new ones, and underlines some older ones.
    Namely, resources are extremely scarce, and the amount of them needed to craft something useful is insanely high. 100 capsules for a single shield capacitator block, for example. It's overly random, running into the asteroid that has your required type of minerals is absolutely by chance - some seem extremely rare, ironically, they are holding some of the most important resources. But this isn't to discuss that.
    The residual materials from mining, are what bother me. Millions of blocks, completely useless for anything. Rocks, terrain, plants, lava, dirt, burnt dirt that doesn't even sell in shops... unless you have a biodome fetish, you will never be using any of those for building. Or crafting, either.

To find a use for those materials AND ease up on the resource trouble a tiny bit, I suggest a new type of factory block, call it Resource Extractor, Molecuar Separator, Recycler, whatever you wish to. Basicly, it would have 2 functions:
    1 - break down any block to its components according to its crafting recipe.
    2 - turn the useless terrain blocks into random ore/shard at a low rate (like, 1 for 100 blocks) This way, people can actually do something with the countless waste materials, and eases the strain put on them by the excessively increased resource needs.

Or, you can ask Calbiri to re-balance the crafting recipes. That could work too.

Reactions: aceface

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Lancake, since I can't post feature requests on bug tracker, and you (probably semi-jokingly) said I can post this here, I shall:

While the new system of blueprint spawning with blocks offers some new features and solves some issues, it brings up quite a lot of new ones, and underlines some older ones.
    Namely, resources are extremely scarce, and the amount of them needed to craft something useful is insanely high. 100 capsules for a single shield capacitator block, for example. It's overly random, running into the asteroid that has your required type of minerals is absolutely by chance - some seem extremely rare, ironically, they are holding some of the most important resources. But this isn't to discuss that.
    The residual materials from mining, are what bother me. Millions of blocks, completely useless for anything. Rocks, terrain, plants, lava, dirt, burnt dirt that doesn't even sell in shops... unless you have a biodome fetish, you will never be using any of those for building. Or crafting, either.

To find a use for those materials AND ease up on the resource trouble a tiny bit, I suggest a new type of factory block, call it Resource Extractor, Molecuar Separator, Recycler, whatever you wish to. Basicly, it would have 2 functions:
    2 - turn the useless terrain blocks into random ore/shard at a low rate (like, 1 for 100 blocks) This way, people can actually do something with the countless waste materials, and eases the strain put on them by the excessively increased resource needs.

Or, you can ask Calbiri to re-balance the crafting recipes. That could work too.
    Ah ok, I thought you meant a suggestion for this particular sheet :) Any game suggestion should be posted in the suggestions thread but if it turns out some asteroids are really rare (like the blue ones) I'll just bug report it.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Going to add defensive effects too so you can easily check the amount of blocks you'll need to get max %.

I have ideas for adding a full ship planner where you can adjust systems too although that will take time since I don't fully understand every single calculation behind that yet. Can stick with the easy "X system blocks will result in Y on your ship"...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks, I might use it for my builds.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    It doesn't work at all in google docs or libreoffice.
    Macros don't work for google docs, you can manually adjust the numbers the block count numbers in each separate sheet although selecting effects will not be possible unless you again do it all manually.

I don't know for libreoffice, probably the same thing.

It's possible that i didn't unprotect those numbers you'll have to use for manual input, will fix that for the next version. Should be ready for tomorrow.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

hey matt nice you mentioned this! Tarusol (BoB) set up a station in 6 6 6 on feedupyourbeast that converts almost ALL the annoying crappy materials into bars. These bars can then be exchanged for ores/shards/minerals at the same station! uses a high-tech secret logic system to do this ;) you should try it just for the lols (since you play only on elwyneternity).

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    hey matt nice you mentioned this! Tarusol (BoB) set up a station in 6 6 6 on feedupyourbeast that converts almost ALL the annoying crappy materials into bars. These bars can then be exchanged for ores/shards/minerals at the same station! uses a high-tech secret logic system to do this ;) you should try it just for the lols (since you play only on elwyneternity).

Reaction score
    I wish this was up to date, but it's still very useful. Thank you.