Weapon Signatures

What do you think?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    A feature that lets you scan a damaged entity and tell you the name of the ship, or pilot, or faction,(should be interchangeable) who attacked that entity, but would only last an adjustable amount of time (1 universe day by default) for balance.

Reaction score
    Seems neat, but it could be oftly hard to implement. It would be a slick way to get revenge for a lost ship or attacked outpost however, and a modifier block that scrambles weapon signatures could be a neat subsystem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If you in faction settings select declare war on hostile action,if somebody shoots a factioned entity it will auto dec war with said faction.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Doesn't have any application, I don't see how it adds to the Gameplay.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like the idea but as terra mining corp. suggested, our current faction settings makes this idea moot.

If you in faction settings select declare war on hostile action,if somebody shoots a factioned entity it will auto dec war with said faction.
    That being said, this does point out that maybe our faction system could do with a bit of adjusting to make it more believable. If you can sneak up to a ship and destroy it before it can get a transmission off, or if you can jam that ships transmissions, it would make for a better gaming experience and lead to more cloak, dagger, and intrigue stuff.

Also if attacking another faction didn't automatically trigger a "war" flag. Perhaps Warheads wouldn't be used as a griefing tool so often.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Doesn't have any application, I don't see how it adds to the Gameplay.
    Mostly pointless
    You guys are very unimaginative. You really can't think of a use for finding out what attacked a structure? Maybe you want to know who's been mining in your system and scan a half eaten planet, or see who blew up this pirate isanth, or perhaps you want to know which of your enemies is responsible for an attack? Keep in mind that auto-wardecs only happen if you're not already at war.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You guys are very unimaginative. You really can't think of a use for finding out what attacked a structure? Maybe you want to know who's been mining in your system and scan a half eaten planet, or see who blew up this pirate isanth, or perhaps you want to know which of your enemies is responsible for an attack? Keep in mind that auto-wardecs only happen if you're not already at war.

"we" (since I cannot speak for everyone) probably referred only to that one scenario to scan for damaged ships.

Ofc, if we can track who interacted with what, it is great. But could the server handle saving so much shit? I dunno.

Reaction score
    I like the idea but as terra mining corp. suggested, our current faction settings makes this idea moot.

That being said, this does point out that maybe our faction system could do with a bit of adjusting to make it more believable. If you can sneak up to a ship and destroy it before it can get a transmission off, or if you can jam that ships transmissions, it would make for a better gaming experience and lead to more cloak, dagger, and intrigue stuff.

Also if attacking another faction didn't automatically trigger a "war" flag. Perhaps Warheads wouldn't be used as a griefing tool so often.
    Plus a function like this could tell you which player in a faction launched an attack, and possibly with which ship.

With some tweaking as to how well you can track players or ships, perhaps allowing you to scan for a player in a system, we might have some sweet player interaction scenarios.

Reaction score

All of these analogies are what this would be intended for, to add some realism to the game like picking off ships from a faction without them finding out and declaring war, or find out who's been messing with your assets. Would spawn healthy competition.