Weapon Names/Text

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A cool thought in my opinion would be to add a feature where a weapon system or any system in your ship's hot bar could be given a name. Some ships have many of the same weapons slaved (for example 10 computers of missile-beam-pierce.) It would be a nice feature if you could name these weapons so friends using the ship could know what the weapon does. Another example is I could name a missile system (single high-yield) and have another missile system with the same slaves named (multiple low-yield) or a cannon system that's cannon-cannon-explosive named (super speed cannon) or another cannon-50% cannon-explosive named (medium speed cannon). Or you could just have cool names on your weapons instead of making your ship's systems user friendly. Just a thought I had, in my opinion it would people use ships better when just loading them in off of community dock or from their friend's catalog

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    Eh, agreed.

I've had to do test-firings on some of my own older ships, because I forgot which of two same-sized missiles was the decoy swarm.

EDIT: and, in one memorable example, I'd forgotten that the much bigger Cannon/Pulse/Overdrive weapon was actually the paint-stripper array, and not the single-output hyper-penetrator

Sure, I remember now, but I'd have much rather had the option to name the weapons by what they do.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The most notable issue this would fix, is knowing what guns are facing sideways. Provided the ship creator named them. Nothing worse than shooting your allies because you can't remember what direction a weapon is facing.