Weapon graphic size

Reaction score
    So I have been testing out the new weapon systems and was working on building a main cannon for one of my WIP. I placed down a 5x5 square of beam blocks, set the center most one as main emitter, and tested it out hoping that the beam would be bigger than just one block. However, it seems that at the moment even with the extra blocks surrounding it the beams graphic is still only one block. From what I can tell cannons graphics do get bigger with more blocks, and missiles are missiles. is this a known issue or should I look into modding it for a larger beam graphic?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the beam gets more intense the more powerful it is, at least the beams coming out of my mining ships are a LOT brighter than the docking beam, but maybe one got changed and one didn't?

But yeah, it seems like there's a bug stopping the "stuff gets bigger/changes how impacts happen" right now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Currently only the cannon has a setting in the config: <ProjectileWidth>
    It's possible beams have some internal effect modifier, but I don't see anything exposed yet, and the news notes only mention projectile width for cannons.