Weapon and Support systems

Reaction score
    So with the ever changing way weapons are designed, is there any guide to building efficient systems?

The hardest part with building a ship, for me, is figuring out a decent and effective way to build a ship's systems. Im not sure how much of what I should put and where to pack it within my ship. So I figured I would ask if anyone has any prototypes they could share of various systems of various sizes that could be plugged into ships?

Example: I have a ship design I love, but it only has about a 3 block high, 3 block wide, and 8 block long space for misc systems. What would be some examples of an efficient AMC system, or salvage system, or missile system that would fit in this space?

With that in mind, does anyone have any other example system setups? How do you balance shields, power, weapons, and now hyperdrive, for various ship sizes? As it is right now, for me, I just cram in as much as I can in every little nook and cranny I can find, but I always feel like my power is too low generation is too low, or my power capacity is low, or my shields are too low, or my weapons are too weak.

I think an example picture would help me understand, like a picture of a ship, then another picture of the ship stripped of its hull and decorations, leaving just the systems.

Anyhoo, any help to better understand whats going on would greatly help me.

Reaction score
    im working on a stealth ship that focuses on draining power from the target ship to leave it defenseless against the rest of my battle group
    for power check here for designs http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Tutorials/Power_Management, for shields go here http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Shield_Capacitator, for weapons my best advice it to go beams that have overdrive and cannon slaves at 100 percent in one block chekerboards
    basicly make a row of beam blocks one at a time skipping a block then fill in the spaces with overdrive blocks, then fill in behind the system with canon and overdrive to finish off the 100%s, the system really doesn't have to be big, only like a 4x6x4 ish

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    for salvage: make a waffleboard of salvage modules 1 deep. Fill in the gaps with cannons (attached to the salvager's secondary). Then place more cannons behind the salvage modules. Then fill inbetween those cannons with more salvagers.

First layer: (c = cannon, S = salvage)
    ScScScS
    cScScSc
    ScScScS
    cScScSc
    ScScScS
    cScScSc
    ScScScS

Second layer:
    cScScSc
    ScScScS
    cScScSc