Warn/confirm dialog for deleting build blocks and cargo

Reaction score
    The Build Mode UI needs, very much, a pop up a warning or confirmation dialog before removing:
    (a) Build block that the player is currently inside
    (b) Cargo storage that has cargo in it

This wouldn't ordinarily be a huge concern, except that the area delete tool is flawed and the bounding box doesn't reflect the area that will actually be deleted. Long story short, two times now I've Chernobyl'd my homebase station by area-delete going in the wrong direction and deleting the build block I was in plus all of the station's cargo storage. There's no way to undo the action without another build block to hop into, and even with multiple build blocks placed you can easily lose all of them at the same time. Furthermore, any cargo that gets dumped into space from deleting cargo blocks, even if you ARE able to hop into another build block and undo the action, is still likely to be lost to the void forever before you can stuff it back into storage.
    I'd tried to avoid using area-delete tools as much as possible, but we're practically forced to in some circumstances if we don't want to spend 6 hours deleting a huge structure like a shipyard block by block in order to alter or rebuild it.

In short, this is a dangerous issue that can seriously mess up your station and can't be undone or recovered from!

Reaction score
    I guess, related to this plea, I also need to beg for the area-delete tool's bounding box to actually show the area that would be deleted - that in itself is usually a lesser problem, but it's definitely related and also needs to be fixed ASAP.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Perhaps add shipyard computers, factories, refineries and any other high volume storage to that to.
    [doublepost=1507838877,1507838830][/doublepost]Warnings exist for deleting the core of a ship, so this should not be difficult.

Reaction score
    I guess, related to this plea, I also need to beg for the area-delete tool's bounding box to actually show the area that would be deleted - that in itself is usually a lesser problem, but it's definitely related and also needs to be fixed ASAP.
    I know there's a checkbox for doing exactly that, it turns the "build box" red and shows exactly what will be deleted. (but I've been so busy playing other games that I've forgotten where it is in the ADV build menu. I *thought* it was right at the top)
    It's mostly useless, except to learn how the game wants to delete things.

What we really need is for this checkbox to be a toggle~able hotkey, like ADV build-mode itself used to be.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You can just put "Remove Mode" on, and then it shows you what will be removed.

Hold CTRL, scroll to the bottom of the advanced build mode and turn on "Remove Mode"
    upload_2017-10-14_5-5-53.png

Then while holding CTRL, you see a box of what blocks will be removed.
    upload_2017-10-14_5-7-10.png