Warheads landmines

Reaction score
    Warheads: Is there a way to make them explode when a ship comes in contact with them? Any body know?
    I thought it would be cool to have them surrond my space sation so when pirates or others run in to them they take damage.
    [doublepost=1501262409,1501261255][/doublepost]Never mind figured it out

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They do but you might want to try something else. Maybe a logic fired damage/push pulse that way you can have greater range than full contact.
    It would only fire when a ship flies near it using Trigger Area.

Or maybe combine both so small things flying through your minefield trigger the pulse and bigger things trigger the pulse and than fly into the Warheads.

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    If you use a Bobby with warheads the drone will do suicide runs on incoming enemy ships.

Disadvantage: They show as your faction and enemy turrets automatically shoot them.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    If you use a Bobby with warheads the drone will do suicide runs on incoming enemy ships.

Disadvantage: They show as your faction and enemy turrets automatically shoot them.
    actually you have to have a damage pulse system attached in order for them to rush toward a target. if you just put a warhead on drone it will do nothing.

also its not a guarantee hit if the drone is rushing a moving target. the game will attempt to stop the ship in front of the enemy before it rams it.

Reaction score
    ... I thought the AI was changed several updates ago to "close to point blank/ram" should they not have weapons. (and are hostile, naturally)

I know I've been rammed by several "neutered" Isanths that had all the computers destroyed. (and in one memorable case, had all the gun barrels destroyed, but still had the computers)

Maybe that's the difference, they had weapons, and now they dont? (and having been hostile the entire time, just go ahead and ram?)

I'll need to test that, because I'll have to do some re-building if it's as you say. (although I normally use push-drives and "attack my target", so maybe those'd work just fine either way)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If that's the case, maybe you can set an explosive next to a pulse computer to detonate shortly after launch. And in that case, I'm thinking the detonator and weapon computer can be tacked on several meters behind the main body of the torpedo, so that the explosion doesn't harm anything else on the torpedo.

I'm thinking of a 3x3x3 cluster that includes not only the computer and a detonator, but delay logic (safety delay, so that it doesn't harm the host ship), booster thrusters, and a power generator block or two in order to feed those additional thrusters.