Warhead types

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Rebalancing warheads is not what I'm talking about.

Simply saying have three types of Warheads. Small, medium, large (yield). (Don't hold the names against me, they are just for representation)

Yield scale compared to current warhead: 1X, 3X,10X. Cost and mass would also scale.

Last edited:

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Rebalancing warheads is not what I'm talking about.

Simply saying have three types of Warheads. Small, medium, large (yield). (Don't hold the names against me, they are just for representation)

Yield scale compared to current warhead: 1X, 3X,10X. Cost and mass would also scale.
    Yeah that would be cool. Great for torpedoes.

Reaction score
    Why can't we group warheads like we can group system blocks? If we could do that, then we could have all warhead blocks in a group go off at once, and if they're touching then they'd combine into a larger bang.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Why can't we group warheads like we can group system blocks? If we could do that, then we could have all warhead blocks in a group go off at once, and if they're touching then they'd combine into a larger bang.
    I'm guessing that the game does not see a group unless you tell it to. It just sees 10 warhead blocks. Taking the case of a torpedo with 10 Warheads, the warhead that hits the target first even destroys the other warheads besides it. Only those which are damaged but not destroyed further detonate.
    This means that having a torpedo with 2 warheads at the top is no better than 1. (Because the warhead that hits first/detonates first will destroy the other one besides it)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dire Venom

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Maybe Coyote was talking about how reactor and chamber groups work? With that the game actually checks the groups and I'm guessing it would also have to check for groups.

Reaction score
    Maybe Coyote was talking about how reactor and chamber groups work? With that the game actually checks the groups and I'm guessing it would also have to check for groups.
    yes it works for shield capacitors and rechargers too so this could just be expanded to warheads.
    nice, easy and clean solution for the problem.

Reactions: EricBlank