Virgin Server has no Factions?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Running a Starmade server on a Debian VM on my LAN. Last night my VM hit disk capacity which messed up the Starmade server installation. Decided instead of recovering a backup I'd start fresh. I removed the old server and downloaded and installed a fresh server as per usual, "java -jar StarMade-Starter.jar -nogui".
    On entering a new world I noticed there was no NPC claimed territory in the Galaxy Map. There are also only two entries in the faction list, Pirates and Trading Guild, both of which have no homebase. Under NPC diplomacy there are no factions listed at all. Under News there is nothing. The Scavengers, Traders and Outcasts seem to be missing entirely.
    This is on a clean install, fresh download, with unaltered settings. I repeated the process twice with the same results... am I cursed or have the NPC factions picked up a bug or has someone added a config change I don't know about yet?

Cheers.

(EDIT: spelling)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    The npc factions aren't working correctly for Linux. There was another thread on it.

I run a small server on BunsenLabs myself, and I've never gotten the npc factions to work right lol.
    They've been working fine for me for the last 3 months over half a dozen different server setups... by 'fine' I mean they have at least been in game and visible, that's why I was wondering if something's crept in since the last update.

Reaction score
    Ah, gotcha. I use mine as an R&D platform, so messing with the factions has been low on my ever growing to-do list. Sorry I was unhelpful lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Ah, gotcha. I use mine as an R&D platform, so messing with the factions has been low on my ever growing to-do list. Sorry I was unhelpful lol
    No quite the opposite, I've just run the changes in that thread you linked and I now have factions again so thankyou very much.

Reactions: Brokengauge

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Is a virgin server one that's not been fucked by nullpointers yet?