Vii's Homeworld inspired, Dimensional Ship Scale:

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know theres a lot of various scales floating around on the forums, but I feel a need to make something more logical. Being the big fanboy of homeworld I am, I find it's scale most relatable to the way this game's dimensions size up. All that being said, I'm refining this as i do some research and see how they work together, but none the less lets get started!

The most noticable difference for this scale will be differences in Roles. Different ships do different things, but they can have the same name for their size.

I will dive into more specific details on the responsibilities of individual roles in the future.

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had to make a table in power point cause this forum is silly

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every chart I meet the Corvette standard, but I made the Hiigaran Interceptor 1:1 scale T~T

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    And I honestly am probably gonna use this from now on to class my ships... I like that better than some of the scales I\'ve seen previously...

Reaction score
    Meters? Did you mean mass? Or are you going off the longest part of the ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    so, a ship that is 1250 m long but only 20 wide and high is a Titan? or a 390 x 300 is a frigate, while a 410 x 100 is a capital? doesnt make any sense to me.

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would consider overall silloette. Some of your examples, yes, would fit in, others, like your titan idea, is just a dumb, laggy ship idea

And yes, the longest part of the ship in meters

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    my \'\'dumb, laggy ship idea\" was just to give you an example.

maybe i did not explain myself correctly, but my point is that this classification favors the longest ships, not the biggest and heaviest. so a ship that has way less blocks but is longer then a bigger ship is in a higher class then the big ship.

that doesnt makes sence to me, and so i think that this classification just doesnt work.

Vii

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whatever design specifically emplors that shape is obviously for a very different purpose than any of the classes listed. There would be certain ships that are just too unique or obscure to properly catagorize yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    this is awsome :D
    i\'ve been calling my ship for Frigate until now, and it should have only been called light.. this is something i diffently use from now on.

Reaction score
    Almost all my ships have either been superlight or light. I\'m screwed ;__;

Edit: I then went on my singleworld and find a scafold thats about 700 meters long. I\'m not screwed :D

Reaction score
    your table is interesting but i think you should add a few more classes and adjust the lengths a bit.

Reaction score
    this doesn\'t reprasent the 2nd and 3rd dimension. just length, don\'t like it

Reaction score
    The dimensions of the class should be used as the extreme in any direction.

So for example, you could build a super light class, but it can extend from 1-15 meters in any of the three axis. Of course you could just make a cube, but then, that is just powergaming.

No one likes that. +1 for the idea, will use in the future.

Its kinda the arguement of powergaming / roleplaying. Its a good guide for roleplaying anyway.

A mass system is better for casual/pvp hardcore server.