v0.052 Server does not answer

Reaction score
    I was trying something in Free Mode in solo.
    Then after maybe 5 minutes of playing, a red indicator displayed "Server does not answer (1sec)"
    Then i had a message : " Green Team wins by destroying the planet, Game will restart" or something like that
    This second message shouldn't be there cause i'm in neutral team with no planets
    ( A report has been sent but i don't know if it covers this bug )
    SCREEN : http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1701/screenly.png

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, thanks for the Report and the screenshot.
    Something seemed to have gone wrong with the game mode selection, as indicated on top of your screen, the game thinks, it's in 'team death star mode'. I'll look into this asap.

Reaction score
    It seems this bug happens on all modes, even team death match ( i was with pringles, in the same team and we lost against no one, and no AI )
    It's a major bug that occurs on all games after ( i believe ) the same amount of time. Still i haven't timed it properly.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I just found and fixed the bug. It was a clean up routine designed for coop deathstar, that would reset the game, if there is no member of the coop team for 10 minutes.
    The bug was, that first, the routine didn't check, if it was in coop mode. And second, much more seriously, that the timer on that 10 minutes had not been reset, leading to a situation, where the round is ended pretty much every 30 milliseconds. A Round End will delete and respawn the map, but if it's done like 100 times in one second, the game will run out of memory pretty fast leading to a crash.

The fix will be up with the next bigger update (in a few hours)

Thannks for testing