v 0.058 bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi I just wanted to point out that in the current version you cannon switch cockpits between two ships that are docked together, which makes it impossible to control the turret of your ship without having to exit your ship first...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That is already implemented, but will come in the next version

Reaction score
    I've noticed also that there seems to be a problem with thrusters : ( looking at the ship i build and share on the website ) adding or removing his thrusters can't change his thrust/mass ratio.
    >> either the thrust limit is too low ( the ship can't be built as big as people wants ) or the mass is too high.
    Well i think we have to set a right proportion for huge ships to be done.
    For this example, the mass is about 18000 which makes it about 9000 trusters needed to carry such a mass.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    There more levels of modules planned. The higher the level the more efficient a module becomes. So that would probably the way to build bigger ships. I also can't allow infinite ships: I have to set the limit somewhere since the physics could not handle moving objects with an incredible big size. Static objects like spacestations however will have no limit. And don't worry, I think the limit is going to be set pretty high.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with pringles. Capital ships should go alot slower than the smaller fighter in a combat situation. Until schema implements another type of thruster allowing a type of FTL system to travel from one point to another I vote to keep the current thruster system as it is.
    On another note, I have updated my game but haven't seen any different colored hull parts in the shop or been able to switch between one docked ship and another.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    haha, oh my god! that's my mistake. Once you build a file, you should probably upload it... I skipped that part and now I feel stupid...

Well the new Version is now uploaded and available

Reaction score
    Actually, i'm not saying the system is wrong. I'm just saying a capital ship with about 1000 trusters should have at least more thrust than one with a single thruster.
    They wouldn't get max thrust at 50 like fighters but 4-5 would be more appropriate ( as it takes a lot of the battery of the ship to move at 4-5 because lots of thrusters )

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I increased the power of thruster a tiny little bit in version 0.06

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Quick question schema. Is there a trick to getting the docking mechanic to work better, or is this something that will be addressed later?

Whenever I try to use it my ships warp into eachother, or they behave strangely. I feel that the docked ships should feel more connected. As if they were the same ship.