using a camera as a way to enter a shipcore

Reaction score
    I was fooling around with the BlockConfig file and i changed the camera to <Enterable>true</Enterable>, apparently this allows you to enter the ship like a second core, you can switch into flight mode and build mode, however you cant see any weapons you have installed and even though in build mode it tells you there is thrust/power you cant activate the thrusters, also the ship core does not show up in the weapons menu nor does anything else.

so my suggestion/reasoning is that if the camera can be linked to the ship core this way then all that needs to be done is somehow allow the camera to view/activate the various ship systems through the weapons tab, and allow it to recognize the thrusters as well.

Is this new or has someone already said this? am i over simplifying it in my mind? idk, there are a lot of threads on ship cores and i didn't look through them all so maybe its more complicated than it sounds. also sry if this is the wrong thread or would be better somewhere else, im pretty new to this game and these forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There has been talk of allowing access to control a ship from more than the ship's core. Also apparently the idea of making the pilot visible outside of the ship core was tossed around. Unfortunately, this probably won't come until we have seats added to the game.

Reaction score
    yea, that sounds cool being able to see your pilot actually sitting in the chairs, i remember seeing the chairs in the suggestion megathread, but i figured I'd bring the camera thing to someones attention anyway on the off chance that it would make coding the chairs easier, or maybe be used as a hot-fix until the chairs are ready, or maybe it could be used as a jumping off point for modders somehow? i dont really know, but i wanted to share this little tidbit i found just in case it could help someone somehow.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would be interesting to link display blocks (and maybe other computer blocks?) to a camera and allow an astronaut to "enter" a computer/display block and "flow through" into the camera. In this way, it would simulate the astronaut viewing the camera's output through the screen, without requiring a second GL display instance in the game.

Of course, to exit, the player shouldn't exit the camera block, but should "flow back" to the original viewer screen and exit there.