Usefull rails/logic creations

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do You have any ideas for creations that are using rails or logic in a way that's not only for decoratives purposes? Let's post it!

I will start:

Swarm of small cubes that shoots salvage beams in every direction and store mined items in storage.
    And when these cubes will come to planet core You just pull them off using pull beams.

This gives You time to do something another while cubes will mine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm quoting another member but I've given his design and maybe improved upon it, but a square or three sided repair beam apparatus inside a carrier so when a ship docks it can be repaired quickly. Another idea is moving defense turrets on a planet. I.E. moving around to a different face of planet to regen shields/power while attacking a base on only one face doesn't work. Obviously all movable turrets is a bad idea, but maybe two or three with punch through or explosive missiles. Also the rails would be a weak spot, so covered tracks with rails to uncover them a re-protect them. As I've mentioned in other posts, small ship storage so a larger ship has room to dock where the fighters would be.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430255917,1430255567][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do You have any ideas for creations that are using rails or logic in a way that's not only for decoratives purposes? Let's post it!

I will start:

Swarm of small cubes that shoots salvage beams in every direction and store mined items in storage.
    And when these cubes will come to planet core You just pull them off using pull beams.

I'm a little confused on the logistics of your idea, but in essence its auto-mining, right? I like that idea

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @UP Yup

1. Dissintegrator based missile launcher. That shoots missiles with dissintegrator head.

2. We can turn on Radar Jam in our drones so they will be non targetabble by enemy turrets :p That's OP

3. This is partially usefull: Landing pads in carrier that can extract before launching drones.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh boy, where to start.
    1. Drone deployment/rack systems.
    2. Retractable turrets.
    3. Tram systems.
    4. Automatic hangar parking (think of those epic Japanese parking lots)
    5. CD player like trays for docked reactors and hangars.
    6. Rotating docked shield plates to distribute damage better (seriously, that'd be brutal).
    7. Salvagers that can deploy salvage panels to increase their salvage area.
    8. Better doors.
    9. Chaff system
    That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure that people will come up with stuff :p.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm a little confused on the logistics of your idea, but in essence its auto-mining, right? I like that idea
    /unload_sector
    /laugh about nubs rofl XD lmao
    Auto-mining breaks the economy balance and is boring!!!

1. Dissintegrator based missile launcher. That shoots missiles with dissintegrator head.

2. We can turn on Radar Jam in our drones so they will be non targetabble by enemy turrets :p That's OP
    Why not jam your disintegrator warheads?

Automatic hangar parking (think of those epic Japanese parking lots)
    Nice idea.

Rotating docked shield plates to distribute damage better (seriously, that'd be brutal).
    Or wobbling turrets to fake the target lead?
    That would be worse for peoples than for AI-beam-turrets.
    Also encourage Missiles (tracking) even more as they are already cuz of alpha damage.​

Salvagers that can deploy salvage panels to increase their salvage area.
    Nice idea too.

Just why do we not continue posting on "Things that can be made with rails"?

Reactions: Keptick

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    1.Wheels for land vehicles
    2. Legs for land vehivles
    3. When we get the new shipyard/repair system, movable repair system

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    As much as I love the idea of cool auto mining arms and arrays you still need to keep in mind that we don't yet have a way to transfer cargo between entities. So in a sense every docked salvage array will have to be manually emptied of their haul.

You would be better suited at this point with a dozen separate salvagers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    9. Chaff system
    Wait, is it possible to confuse missles, I thought once they locked they locked - even swarmers. Like would a Hunt for Red October style killing your ship with your own torpedo/missile scenario be possible? Or do you mean you would fire them pre-fight as more targets for missles to go after?

More hands on options for defenses interests me greatly.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Wait, is it possible to confuse missles, I thought once they locked they locked - even swarmers. Like would a Hunt for Red October style killing your ship with your own torpedo/missile scenario be possible? Or do you mean you would fire them pre-fight as more targets for missles to go after?

More hands on options for defenses interests me greatly.
    It's more to mess up everything enemy related. Heat seeking missiles, navigation, turrets, drones, etc... I have a working version but a bug prevents it from working 100% of the time.

The chaff is rack mounted, so it's very simple to reload.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's more to mess up everything enemy related. Heat seeking missiles, navigation, turrets, drones, etc... I have a working version but a bug prevents it from working 100% of the time.

Stuff like that is what I consider abusing the entity system. It's just so effective against missiles....

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Stuff like that is what I consider abusing the entity system. It's just so effective against missiles....
    I prefer just calling it "getting creative" ;). Missiles have over-efficiency problems anyways, so I don't see what the problem is.

Last edited:

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I prefer just calling it "getting creative" ;). Missiles have over-efficiency problems anyways, so I don't see what the problem is.
    How about the lag?

Why do people ignore the lag?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Why not jam your disintegrator warheads?
    Why not... CLOAK THEM! :cool:

I made a ferris wheel and a big fly-swatter for getting rid of enemies when your power is low. :D

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor

I'm a little confused. Is that a bunch of ship cores that are docked and launched via push pulse?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    /unload_sector
    /laugh about nubs rofl XD lmao
    Auto-mining breaks the economy balance and is boring!!!
    Auto-minning is not boring. Instead minning is boring. Minning is about jumping from one piece of rocks to another and just press leftclick.

Autominning done with logics and rails will force You to think how to build it, how to improve it later etc.
    And it will not be eco breaker if done properly.

And anyone who enjoyed Tekkit will tell You that autominning can be great!

Just why do we not continue posting on "Things that can be made with rails"?
    We can. But this topic is for rails and logic. And only for really usefull things not decorative ones.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Auto-minning is not boring. Instead minning is boring. Minning is about jumping from one piece of rocks to another and just press leftclick.

Autominning done with logics and rails will force You to think how to build it, how to improve it later etc.
    And it will not be eco breaker if done properly.

And anyone who enjoyed Tekkit will tell You that autominning can be great!

We can. But this topic is for rails and logic. And only for really usefull things not decorative ones.
    Automine away if you want, man. Follow your dreams

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Entity lag is a very real problem on MP servers. You can't just ignore that.
    Shh! Lag is our seeeecret weapon for attacking enemies... :mad: "Launch the 20,000 ship-cores!"

Edit: *Gets banned from server for "no reason"???

Reactions: Keptick and Mered4