use stabilizers as stabilizers

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    the idea is simple :
    • reactor blocks are unstable, exactly like the curent auxilliary power and have a small efficiency malus
    • stabilizer reduce the unstability of reactor blocks. with the perfect amount they negate the unstability and the efficiency malus
    With that mechanic you could have a trade of between size and vulnerability. What do you think of this suggestion ? do you srr way to improve it ?

Reactions: kiddan

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I see where this is going. :whistle:

This could make fights more interesting. ...or broken.

Either way, it's too soon to tell.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This was pretty much what I thought they would be like imo.

The current stabilizers: Increases reactor efficiency (i.e in this system stabilizers are likely required in most decent sized builds and become a standed part of building rather than strategic depth)

Propsed: Minnor efficiency increase, reduces reactor vulnerabilities (i.e not required on all builds, a trade off between size/attack and defence. This would also mean a ships reactor becomes more vulnerable if stabilizers are destroyed).

Only thing I would add would be having the in-stability and -efficiency be negligible for smaller ships (same as current power stabilizers).

Essientily a welcome improvement in my opinion, and could be added as further development of the power update to increase building depth while making it in-tuative and easy to understand.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    StarMade wouldn't be the same without explosions, we're definitely going to experiment with that as soon as we get a somewhat stable config in our dev builds :)

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I support this. After all, reactors are supposed to be delicate systems that contain reactions releasing tremendous energy. A breach in a reactor would best case irradiate a large part of the ship, worst case result in a haywire chain reaction that blows the entire thing apart. So making them volatile and making the stabilisers do what their name suggests, makes more sense than the whole previous power system did.