Bug "Update Resource" not working - 2018-10-05/06

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Hello there site admins, DukeofRealms & co.

I had a problem I found rather annoying between today and yesterday, I would be glad If you could investigate:
    I Began updating all my "Community Submissions" to power 2.0. I was providing my files using google drive and now I wished to use the .sment (upload file option) instead, but after I posted the "Resource Updates" for several submissions I noticed that they where still pointing out to the old file on my google drive! I tried several times to repost, but ended completely DELETING and doing the submission all over again. I still have some ships to update and I would hate to loose the reviews, likes and download scores. Even if I already did for those:

Thanks and kind regards.
    Ricardo Telles

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IDK how to help you, but those first two ships are dope

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    For the CC to be pointing to the correct download file, it has to have a higher version than the last. Otherwise, the download link won't change. Similar thread is here: https://starmadedock.net/threads/issue-with-updating-community-content.5772/
    Oh, I see! I saw that field but had no idea if it had any purpose, so I just placed the GAME version string in there...

We can reverse the deletions, but I will need to know what they are.
    Thanks, DukeofRealms , but since I know now It was my own fault, I don't want to bother you any longer. I can live with that. It Won't happen again. (y)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Oh, I see! I saw that field but had no idea if it had any purpose, so I just placed the GAME version string in there...

Thanks, DukeofRealms , but since I know now It was my own fault, I don't want to bother you any longer. I can live with that. It Won't happen again. (y)
    Not much of a hassle really, just need to know if you want all your deleted resources undeleted or specific ones?

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Tai, you are being really kind, but, to tell you the truth, these ships where the simple ones. I was really afraid if that happened to the big ones, but now I know what I was doing wrong and it won't happen again.

Thanks, anyways.
    Ricardo Telles