Universe update suggestions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Few suggestions for universe update

Bigger default sectors
    This can be set by players but I think that sectors should be bigger or planets and stations should be more rare.

Get rid of odd "planet balls"
    I suggest another way to represent planets. Let's just make points in navigation of nearest planets and stars.
    I just think that current representation of nearest planets looks ridiculus.
    Maybe it's caused by sector size?

Satelittes
    Don't require any additionall explaination. Just moons.

Gas giants
    Might be future source of gas (if it will be used). Gas giants could be represent like molten core of planets right now.

Asteroid fields
    If it's possible to make huge non laggy asteroid fields I would be happy so much.

Ores distribution
    Right now You can find every ores everywhere. Let's just make them more characteristic. Like in Minecraft, You will not find diamond everywhere. Some resources should be generated near planet's core, some of them would be unable to find on asteroids etc.

Plantations
    Farming plants would be awesome.

Better representation of stars
    Could be similiar to current molten core of planets. But's bigger... A lot...

Wrecks
    Rare wrecks of ships, probes etc.

Atmosphere
    Let's make entering and exiting planets more spectacular. What about friction of atmosphere that could smelt Your ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    planets and trees grow and have seeds[DOUBLEPOST=1410171269,1410171232][/DOUBLEPOST]planets and trees grow and have seeds
    This is what happens with double posting now

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I believe most of this has already been suggested, very recently too.

I feel like planetballs are the way they are because planets are so close that a few of them might actually be loaded in at once but not in their entirety. Since you could be so close to so many at once they put the atmosphere effect on them.

Satellites would be nice

I am sure gas giants will be in the game eventually.

I would prefer to have asteroids mostly in asteroid fields and then remove most of the stray ones we get. In fact, I do not think it would be too crazy to make asteroid sectors actually form rings around the star system. The way I heard it stars are going to appear on the spiral arms of a galaxy. Since they seem to be capable of coding in that pattern, I think its entirely possible to make asteroid sectors only appear on orbits of varying sizes around the star. Hows that sound @Calbiri ?

A lot of different ores/crystals are needed for crafting. On planets they are seperated by plate and I believe asteroids do not care more than 2 individually. Not sure if that is distributed enough for you. I think its alright for now. Being able to tell what the asteroid has by associating its color to the resources would be a more welcome change imo.

Plantations would probably be a thing when survival gets more work.

Totally agree with that, but it should only appear when we get within a few sectors. Otherwise keep the lens flare effect.

I believe it will be possible to add your own wrecks to the game in the future similar to the way we can add different stations/ships. Or you could make your wrecks into stations for now.

I do not think landing on a planet is so dangerous that we should worry about burning up on entry. I am not against special atmospheres that just do overall damage however such as venus and its acidic rain.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a additional suggestion:
    Rework the Earth-like planets
    As everyone knows water is not generated naturally. And water is what is missed on terrestrial planets.
    What if the borders of every plate of a terrestrial planet would consist of water? So instead of one giant piece of land on a planet every plate would have their own continent. With a bit of @schema s developer magic some plates of a planet could also be covered in water (except the lower layers)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    would you be able to mine that water? asteroids close to the sun should generate water and ones far away should have ice

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is water in the game already. It just doesn't spawn everywhere yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I believe most of this has already been suggested, very recently too.

I feel like planetballs are the way they are because planets are so close that a few of them might actually be loaded in at once but not in their entirety. Since you could be so close to so many at once they put the atmosphere effect on them.

Satellites would be nice

I am sure gas giants will be in the game eventually.

I would prefer to have asteroids mostly in asteroid fields and then remove most of the stray ones we get. In fact, I do not think it would be too crazy to make asteroid sectors actually form rings around the star system. The way I heard it stars are going to appear on the spiral arms of a galaxy. Since they seem to be capable of coding in that pattern, I think its entirely possible to make asteroid sectors only appear on orbits of varying sizes around the star. Hows that sound @Calbiri ?

A lot of different ores/crystals are needed for crafting. On planets they are seperated by plate and I believe asteroids do not care more than 2 individually. Not sure if that is distributed enough for you. I think its alright for now. Being able to tell what the asteroid has by associating its color to the resources would be a more welcome change imo.

Plantations would probably be a thing when survival gets more work.

Totally agree with that, but it should only appear when we get within a few sectors. Otherwise keep the lens flare effect.

I believe it will be possible to add your own wrecks to the game in the future similar to the way we can add different stations/ships. Or you could make your wrecks into stations for now.

I do not think landing on a planet is so dangerous that we should worry about burning up on entry. I am not against special atmospheres that just do overall damage however such as venus and its acidic rain.
    Right now every ores are very similiar in terms of distribution. I would make some ores rare and ores that exist only in specific places.

Last edited: