United logic block

Reaction score
    This is all about making programmable logic block, but this time the idea is not so comlicated and cardinal as block that is programmed through scripting language.
    What about to make one logic block that capable of doing complicated logical operation itself.
    For example:
    1) You can link activation blocks with any of the six sides;
    2) You can decide which side is input and which is output;
    3) When the block itself get clicked, the interface of logic scheme building is opened;
    4) Here you can define "who is who" for block sides;
    5) Then, you can use several logic operations to build your scheme;

As an upgrade for this, each side of the block can contain more than one mount point (e.g. overall inputs/outputs are doubled/tripled etc.).
    Edit1: and of course there should be an oppotunity to define delay as float number of seconds.

Attachments

Reactions: winggar

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    REGEX :)
    1. learn java: public void main( string[] args ){ string regexlist=""; …; return regexlist; }
    2. compile: main.java → main.jar
    3. run: "java -jar ./main.jar arg1 arg2 arg3 …"
    4. copy&paste the results into display blocks.
    5. link that display block to a logic-cpu core (using logic blocks and regex-display modules)
    6. Join the #regai-movement.
    And then everyone can use your creations by only including the logic-cpu as a docked ship connected with wireless logic.

If this is too much work for most peoples, yes then schema needs to find a way to make it easier.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Trolling I
    Pointless waste of development time.

This serves zero purpose in the game, its more idiotic RP nonsense while the game part is utterly worthless.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It servers purpose in the game. You cannot debug logic currently because your debugger may be broken too.
    With such blocks, you can either run or not run at all a few commands chained together.

But I agree that other things are more important right now such as fixing the rendering engine since the Christmas lightening broke it for me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i agree this isnt at the top of the list but it would be a nice quality of life addition

Reaction score
    This serves zero purpose in the game, its more idiotic RP nonsense while the game part is utterly worthless.
    Blatant trolling, so blatant.

The real reason of making this is to make logic compact, to prevent complicated logic systems eating huge amount of space.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Trolling I
    It servers purpose in the game. You cannot debug logic currently because your debugger may be broken too.
    With such blocks, you can either run or not run at all a few commands chained together.
    To do WHAT? What is it that you can make with logic that serves a real ingame purpose? Mind you elevators don't, they're just rp shit because we have transporters that lets you travel around faster and easier. The only reason to use an elevator instead is because it looks different, that's why its RP/Aesthetics.

In my experience the logic that DOES matter, like blast doors, chaindrives and logic weapons, take up minuscule amounts of space; it's completely irrelevant to your ships overall performance.

The real reason of making this is to make logic compact, to prevent complicated logic systems eating huge amount of space.
    Do you have any actual example to back up this nonsense or are you just complaining about not being able to fit a supercomputer in a minicooper?

All of these ultra complicated circuits serve no real purpose in the game, it's all for RP bullshit and we've got too much of that already. Instead of wasting more time accomodating this crap, work on making the game playable instead of catering to idiots who aren't even interested in playing anyway.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To do WHAT? What is it that you can make with logic that serves a real ingame purpose? Mind you elevators don't, they're just rp shit because we have transporters that lets you travel around faster and easier. The only reason to use an elevator instead is because it looks different, that's why its RP/Aesthetics.

In my experience the logic that DOES matter, like blast doors, chaindrives and logic weapons, take up minuscule amounts of space; it's completely irrelevant to your ships overall performance.

Do you have any actual example to back up this nonsense or are you just complaining about not being able to fit a supercomputer in a minicooper?

All of these ultra complicated circuits serve no real purpose in the game, it's all for RP bullshit and we've got too much of that already. Instead of wasting more time accomodating this crap, work on making the game playable instead of catering to idiots who aren't even interested in playing anyway.
    you can use it for logic fired weapons so its not all for rp bullshit but its still just a thing that would be nice to have ingame kinda like Space Engineers scripting block

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    you can use it for logic fired weapons so its not all for rp bullshit but its still just a thing that would be nice to have ingame kinda like Space Engineers scripting block
    Great idea, lets mimic the logic from a game where noone uses the logic if they can avoid it because its ridiculously obtuse.

I'd say space engineers is the prime example of why this shit is a terrible idea. It's such a disaster, even making the simplest things like a car miner that can rotate it's drills is so incredibly failure prone and takes hours to do; same concept in starmade takes maybe 15 minutes if you don't already know how to do it and 10 seconds if you do.

These mechanics are limited to a handful of people, vast majority of players will never touch them.

And for what? So it can take up less space? I build almost exclusive logic weapon ships, even the most convoluted setups fit in <100 blocks, and small ships in starmade are easily 1.000.000 blocks, and you're complaining about 0.01% mass loss? Suck it up.

Reaction score
    And for what? So it can take up less space?
    Yes
    I build almost exclusive logic weapon ships, even the most convoluted setups fit in <100 blocks, and small ships in starmade are easily 1.000.000 blocks, and you're complaining about 0.01% mass loss? Suck it up.
    Is this bullshit example ("I don't use it too much") only argument you have?

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Is this bullshit example ("I don't use it too much") only argument you have?
    As opposed to no argument at all?
    • Waste of development time
    • Replaces easy to use logic blocks with convoluted menu driven system only a few people will use
    • Adds nothing to actual game, only RP

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    In my personal experience, starmade has many things you can play with, and one of them is the logical blocks.

To people who like the PVP, they will want to have bigger and / or more powerful weapons.
    To people who like the PVE, want to have more variety enemies to fight.
    To people who like RP, they want to have more ways to decorate their constructions and make them more interactive, missions to complete.
    To people who like to play with logic blocks and build intricate things like games, small computers, control rooms.

Regardless of personal choice, each type of player wants their form of play to be increased and improved.

For example, if I do not like PVP, I might say that I do not want more powerful weapons, because they do not fit in my game ... it does not matter if a player "believes" that an implementation in the game serves him or No, if this player is not going to use the logical blocks at all, why close in band to what other players want?

If I like one thing and I would like that thing to be improved, what is the problem in others liking other things? The choice is free, to say that something is not good, only closes doors to the imagination.

Reaction score
    • Waste of development time
    This is your only argument, BUT development of the game itself is a "waste of development time". I just suggested another way to "waste" it on something useful. Two other "arguments" are just crap (your subjective opinion).
    As opposed to no argument at all?
    I guess it's quite hard for you to remember everything, let me remind you:
    So it can take up less space

Reaction score
    This is your only argument, BUT development of the game itself is a "waste of development time". I just suggested another way to "waste" it on something useful. Two other "arguments" are just crap (your subjective opinion).
    everything in here is opinion, so whats your point? yours is no more valid than his. in the long run i agree with you though, a space saving logic arrangement could be nice... but thats my opinion...

and as far as wastes of time are considered... we could go nihilist and say EVERYTHING IS A WASTE OF TIME. but guess what? its subjective opinion (where have we heard this before) what development is a waste of time and what isnt... i believe thats up to the devs to decide, but we can make rational inference that this is way lower priority than fixing the gamebreakingly major issues going on right now that have the game down to a dozen players online at a time.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just stop replying to Raisinbat. 9/13 replys are because of him and this is very unfair.
    I asked the moderators for a cleanup because this is getting out of control.
    .​
    A good opportunity for compact logic could be
    • cargo-processors
    • player-made shops with extra features
    • factory-control
    • air-lock blocking (not 2 doors at once)
    • auto-opening/closing doors
    You can do that with regular logic too, but it might be easier to use a program-template than setting up everything over and over again.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is all about making programmable logic block, but this time the idea is not so comlicated and cardinal as block that is programmed through scripting language.
    What about to make one logic block that capable of doing complicated logical operation itself.
    For example:
    1) You can link activation blocks with any of the six sides;
    2) You can decide which side is input and which is output;
    3) When the block itself get clicked, the interface of logic scheme building is opened;
    4) Here you can define "who is who" for block sides;
    5) Then, you can use several logic operations to build your scheme;

As an upgrade for this, each side of the block can contain more than one mount point (e.g. overall inputs/outputs are doubled/tripled etc.).
    Edit1: and of course there should be an oppotunity to define delay as float number of seconds.
    Have you ever seen what is called a PLC (Prgrammable logic controller)?
    They are programmed with ladder logic basically the way the blocks work now. Little to no learning curve for those who used the logic.
    PLC programming - Google Search